Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Photos not uploading fully Help please

@Image23 - what version of Web Designer are you using? Please go to Help > About and copy the info from the top line of the dialog box.

The update released today is only for version 9 programs, so if you're not using v9 then this will not resolve your problem.

Is there a work around for earlier versions Pete?

Hi Gary,

Just tried that and said my WD 7 was all up to date but have not updated for a couple of weeks and definitely not today. so it will not let me upgrade my about bit says I have 7.1.2.18680 is that the latest?

I seem to have got most of the stuff I want on my pages now, using a combination of publishing from Xara, when you look at the website all the images are mangled, so what I do then is upload the htm files with Filezilla and that sorts out the images.

I have tried to put 2 galleries on 1 page, but will only show the 1st gallery and ignores the other gallery, I have even tried just putting a pop up photo on the page with the gallery but just ignores them as well, even though it looks perfect in the preview.

Would there be any merit in upgrading to the wd9 pro? I feel the the 7 is struggling to cope with what I want.

Thanks for you help in any case.

Much appreciated.

Den

@Gary, there will be updates to fix that specific problem for versions 7 and 8 in due course. Due to the amount of work involved and testing that has to follow we want to ensure that the problem is fixed in version 9 before releasing any patches for versions 7 and 8.

@Image23, do you encounter any errors whilst publishing from Web Designer?

Could you go to Web Properties > Publish tab and un-tick the 'Re-publish changed files only' option and then perform a publish from Web Designer again and tell me whether you get any errors?

Assuming that you don't get any errors, go to your website and press Ctrl + F5 and see whether the pages look correct?

Thanks

I have been following the outcome of this very closely! I am having an almost identical problem with my WD 7. I have been messing around all morning trying to use file zilla to fix the problem but it has been to no avail as of yet. @PeteS do you know for sure if version 9 has been fixed because I do not have the luxury of waiting for 7 to be fixed. The company I work for will not wait that long and if it is not fully fixed in version 9 I will be forced to find another product which I am not excited about because I have used xara since the beginning.

Pete - I have a client I am teaching to use Xara. She was complaining about time out issues. I said update DPX9 and let me know if this helps.

It did.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    @Gary, there will be updates to fix that specific problem for versions 7 and 8 in due course. Due to the amount of work involved and testing that has to follow we want to ensure that the problem is fixed in version 9 before releasing any patches for versions 7 and 8.

@Image23, do you encounter any errors whilst publishing from Web Designer?

Could you go to Web Properties > Publish tab and un-tick the 'Re-publish changed files only' option and then perform a publish from Web Designer again and tell me whether you get any errors?

Assuming that you don't get any errors, go to your website and press Ctrl + F5 and see whether the pages look correct?

Thanks
    Hi Pete,
    I already have that option checked so only publish changes. I find this all strange as with my old website, the basic format was set up by a friend and he showed me how to change text update photos etc. and I did not have many problems other than getting an old brain around web site stuff .

I have basically redesigned my website and know how to add pages and set them out and is reasonably hassle free, however uploading photos is now a problem, that I can do without.

When you say V.9 has the fix do you mean V.9 of WD7 or do you mean WD9?

@mrryan21 - The vast number of reports that we've had since the latest update have been positive. This problem is not isolated to Xara products, but many programs that have FTP ability due to a change in a subsystem function within the Windows operating system which was made at the time IE11 was released.

@GWP - Thanks, more positive feedback

@Image23 - Version 9 programs are the first to receive the full fix. You are using version 7 so the update for that will only be released once we are happy that the problem has been resolved. However I'm not convinced at the moment that you are seeing the same problem here.

I think you've misunderstood what I asked you to do from my previous post.

1. When you publish from Web Designer, do you encounter any errors during the publish?

2. Go to Web Properties > Publish tab and un-tick the 'Re-publish changed files only' option. Then click OK and go to File > Publish Website. So that you do a full publish, not just an incremental publish.

3. Do you get any errors during publish this time?

4. If you do not get any errors during the publish, go to your website and press Ctrl + F5 - does that display correctly?

Hi Pete,

OK I understand now. I tried that and got no errors but the upload via Xara still mangled all my photos, but have found I can get over that by uploading direct through filezilla.

Am I likely to solve all my problems by upgrading to V.9?

Can you download a 15 free trial version and will I be able to load my V.7 web files into it as I am not keen to start all over again.

Den

OK, I think the best thing to do from here in order to further investigate this particular issue is to submit a support ticket at http://support.xara.com and the support team will be able to assist you further with more specific advise.

You certainly can download the trial of version 9, open your file and try publishing but I'd maybe suggest not trying that unless you'll be purchasing it, only because it may confuse things when investigating the problem with you at this stage.

Thanks.