Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Photos not uploading fully Help please

Hi Guys,

I had so many problems with my old (new) website and have started a new one from scratch. All is going well and have learned a lot in the past 2 weeks however, I have a photo in about me page which will only partially load.

I have tried uploading with both the Xara and filezilla (even exporting it to my desktop and doing it from there.

The really frustrating thing is that on one of the uploads the about me photo came up perfectly and thought I'd cracked it. I Went in to resize it and a few other changes to the other pages and uploaded and now the photo only partially loads.

I have tried using a photo gallery frame putting the jpeg in there and putting the jpg directly on the page both with the same results.

Can some kind soul go and have a look at www.image23.fr.

I am using ie11 as a browser, but have also used firefox and chrome to look at it but they are all the same view.

Default Re: Photos not uploading fully Help please

Confirmed. Half images in Firefox on the about page.

This issue has been reported and it may be related to problems caused by Microsoft.

Check back and one of the members who has a better memory than moi can give you a link.

Here is something you can try.

Right click on each image and click View Image. This will tell you the image name (as published). For example, 59.jpg

Export the three images (one at a time) to your desktop with the same names: 59.jpg, 63.jpg, and 66.jpg and then use Filezilla to replace the images on the server in the index_htm_files folder.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Confirmed. Half images in Firefox on the about page.

This issue has been reported and it may be related to problems caused by Microsoft.

Check back and one of the members who has a better memory than moi can give you a link.

Here is something you can try.

Right click on each image and click View Image. This will tell you the image name (as published). For example, 59.jpg

Export the three images (one at a time) to your desktop with the same names: 59.jpg, 63.jpg, and 66.jpg and then use Filezilla to replace the images on the server in the index_htm_files folder.
    Thanks so much Gary. That seems to have done the trick. The photos were not in the file in the first place, but they are now. I find this strange as I had saved and exported and uploaded.

Anyway thanks for the pointer Gary very very much appreciated.

Any idea why I can see my favicon in Firefox but not on IE?

No idea. IE has many problems.

Still half or no images in Firefox!

I asked Xara to look at this thread and respond.

This is the exact same problem I have been having. I have been using xara 7 for over a year now and just tonight I am experiencing this problem of half loaded pictures and missing text after uploading .

Quote Originally Posted by mrryan21 View Post
    This is the exact same problem I have been having. I have been using xara 7 for over a year now and just tonight I am experiencing this problem of half loaded pictures and missing text after uploading .
    I am still having problems with them only half loading. I have tried everything with no luck. For a photographer to not be able to load photos is a big problem. My front photo loads up everytime!

On another subject does anyone know how to remove the white border from a pop-up photo?

This is just bonkers!

Published and most of the photos only half loaded, so did what Gary suggested, looked at the source info saw what Xara had renamed the jpg, uploaded my original picture renamed and it has gone in no problems.

Go to the gallery page and tried to do the same, but because it is a pop up photo there are 2 jpgs if I try to do the same as I'd done as before I lose the photo frame and it just puts the picture up fully on the page.

If I have to do that with every photo that is just stupid and makes a 10 min job hours long.

Any thoughts guys to solve this problem?

There is a new update just issued this morning.

Go to Help > Check for Updates and then follow the instructions to update.

Let is know if this helps.