Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Want To Try FileZilla To Upload My Website, but, I have some questions?

Hello forum members, as I said, I am now going to try to see if i can get my website uploaded to the web using FileZilla. However, I do have some questions.
    Once I go to Xara Premium 7's file>Save As: I save my file as: New Pathways Consultants. One question is, should I save as: new pathways consultants or some other file name? What specific files should I look for to upload to Filezilla and where should I go to look for these files? Finally, how do I put the files you all suggest into a folder on my desktop? If I can do that I will have all of the files I need in one place. What process do i use to get this done and will that make it easier to upload all the files I need to get my website on the web? Thank you for responding to these questions. As you can see, i am totally new at all of this but Xara has made the process of producing a website easy. It's getting it uploaded to the web that is the difficult part. Thanks all.
    IP

Default Re: Want To Try FileZilla To Upload My Website, but, I have some questions?

Save your Xara file to your computer where you will remember the location.

Create a folder - call it "My Site" or whatever - somewhere on you computer where you will remember the location.

In Xara go to File>>Export website, find your folder in the dialogue box and export there

Using Filezilla upload everything in that folder using the ftp details given to you by your host
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

Default Re: Want To Try FileZilla To Upload My Website, but, I have some questions?

And upload the index_htm_files folder as well.
    IP

Yeah, that's why I said export website to a folder first then upload everything from that folder
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

Question Re: Want To Try FileZilla To Upload My Website, but, I have some questions?

Hello everyone and thank you for your responses. I think I've done all you've asked. I saved my Xara file to my computer and to the desktop and made a folder. I thought I moved all files pertaining to my 7 page website to this folder. Going to FileZilla I found the folder on the bottom left half of FileZilla. I left clicked that folder and uploaded all of the files. After about 8 minutes. FileZilla noted that: File transfer successful, Directory Listing successful and Successful transfer (238). I assume this means that 238 files were transferred? When I went to several of my browsers and put in www.newpathwaysconsultants.com I only get the first page with the top banner and partial facebook and twitter graphics. None of the other 6 pages are present, plus, this (index) page is missing all of the content plus large graphic/photo. Again, the upload of info took about 8 to 10 minutes (I believe). May have been a bit shorter. Where in the world did all that uploaded info go? I have no idea what happened. I would appreciate further guidance all. What am I missing?? Thank you so much.
    IP

Had the same problem.

I deleted all files from host.

I then dragged only the index folder and at the bottom of the FZ page it should lots of files and transferring.

I then selected all the other files and dragged and again showed transferring.

And browser shows everything correctly.

I came to the conclusion that dragging the lot is a problem.

It worked for me and do not have time to try other methods:-((

Peter
    IP

OK if I could spple and use the correct words, check, double check and then repeat.

'showed'

Peter
    IP

Smile Re: Want To Try FileZilla To Upload My Website, but, I have some questions?

Well all, I am still having major problems using FileZilla. This last run of files was humongous. It must have taken 15 minutes for all the files to run. I thought they would never stop. With all of those files uploaded there was absolutely nothing when I went to my browsers to look at the website. I could not believe it. Well, I am not going to give up. Others have put their websites on the world wide web which means I have that chance as well. I just have to keep at it. Thank you all for every suggestion. It's a struggle for me but I am learning and that's very important. I know more than when I started.
    IP

Mine uploaded and nothing in browsers either, then I twigged, I had put in lower case name for the URL and I had stored it in a folder with a capital letter.
    Just a thought.
    Peter
    IP

Thank you all for your responses. I am still having problems. Does anyone know why, when I open "Web Properties" and then go to "Publish" and open "Explore Web Space" I find a majority of the files having a Google Chrome emblem preceeding each file. How do they get there? Also, I found several of the website pages duplicated. In other words, there were 2 third pages, several second pages, etc. How is this possible? Thanks all and I am still working on this.
    IP