Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 WD9 Prem (up to date) drag imageto web page - WD9 jumps to fill tool?

When I drag an image to my web page, why does WD9 jump to the fill tool, I don't want the fill tool, this has just started today.
    and my image is not on the page, an outline the size of a page apears instead ....

Default Re: WD9 Prem (up to date) drag imageto web page - WD9 jumps to fill tool?

Do you mean an outline the size if the photo appears, rather than the page? If so then I suspect that you have got either the Guides or Mask layer selected as the current layer in the Page & Layer Gallery. Select the MouseOff layer and then import the image again.

Ragarding the selection of the Fill Tool - is it actually the Fill Tool which is selected on the left control bar, or are you seeing the fill handles appear over the image when you import it while still in the Selector Tool?
    If you're still ni the Selector Tool and see the fill handles over the image, then this will be due to the 'Show fill edit handles' icon being selected in the Selector Tool - look on the left of the infobar, has a similar icon to the Fill Tool. De-select this.

Default Re: WD9 Prem (up to date) drag imageto web page - WD9 jumps to fill tool?

Selector tool is selected, when I import image to page WD jumps to fill tool, image is not imported fill handles appear to cover complete area even beyond my page size.
    Select the MouseOff layer and then import the image again - tried this same result. if I import one image over another it works, but I may want to enlarge the image, or the image is a larger size anyway, I want to delete an image and import another one. it may be easier if I uninstall WD9 and re install it ... what say you?

Re-installing is a bit premature.
    A couple of screenshots showing both of the problems would be worth a 1000 words I think at this stage.

Tried to do a screenshot ended up with - Access violation exception at 0x01B75C9A, along with upload problems which may be due to the latest update to WD9 and now this, I have wasted enough time, thanks for your help, but a re-install is next.

The problem is still there after re-installing twice, I will not be able to drag an image onto my web page, I will have to use the import file option which seems to work OK.

Could you attach a couple of screenshots now so we can understand the problem better?
    Thanks.