Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy WILL NOT UPDATE! CANNOT OPEN .WEB FILE

I have 2 issues, first of all I cannot update the new web designer premium 9. It prompts me to run updates but as soon I want to run the update it give me the following message : "Setup file is corrupted."

Secondly I am unable to open a .web file in Web designer premium 9! All the extension files I have worked on before had no problem until i now, i have designed a website and I want to make changes, but it tells me i am unable to open the file or it cannot open the file
    Can anyone assist me please

Default Re: WILL NOT UPDATE! CANNOT OPEN .WEB FILE

First thing should be to save your .WEB file to a USB for safety.
    Secondly, can you open the Xara application at all now?
    If you can, you can access the backup documents saved here at any time using the "File" > "Open recent" > "Backups" menu option. I would save off the most recent version of your .WEB file.
    If you cannot, go to L:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremePro\9 .2\Backups, or whatever your Xara product's name is.

From this position, I would recommend an uninstall and re-install.

Also try a trial version of a different product. You could download XDPX9, but remember to save any changes as a .WEB version otherwise you'll be hunting around for a .XAR file instead.
    Also, if you can use Xara for other files (do check) you may be able to recover or regenerate your .WEB file using a free application, called ExpanderXar (http://www.xaraxone.com/html/shareware.html).

Acorn