Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Ho to install my XARA products in Win8?

Hi there - I have a new PC incl. Windows 8 Enterprise.... Need to install all my "old" XARA products. My previous System on my old PC was Windows 7 and I had XP mode. Anyway I want to install for example webdesigner 6 and I get the following message:

The Xara Xtreme 4 e-version intsallation cannot be executed on Unknown. To continue with the Xara XTreme 4 eversion installation please install another Windows version

what shall I do with my XARA products?

thanks in advance for help

Martin

Default Re: Ho to install my XARA products in Win8?

Are you downloading the applications or using a CD?

Acorn

Have both Pro 6 and WD 6 running on Windoz 8.1 no problems along with PGD 2013. Do the usual and install with admin rights. Right Click the application file (exc.) and choose "Run as Administrator". If you still have problems please don't hesitate and come back.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I'm not sure that you are getting that message when you try to install Web Designer 6...

Certainly version 5 onwards should install without any issues on Windows 8.

Regarding the message when trying to install Xtreme 4, see this support article to install it http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...articleid=2815

You don't need to run programs in compatibility mode unless explicitly told to do so.