Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 WD9 Prem (up to date) Timeout was reached?

My WD9 Prem is up to date, including the latest update. The main change in this update is in the publishing of websites and web documents. Publishing previously relied on a subsystem within Windows, which apparently no longer works reliably on some Windows systems that have been updated to use Internet Explorer 11, making publishing unreliable. Therefore with this update publishing is no longer dependent on this Windows subsystem and so it should be reliable again on all Windows systems. Now I am having problems updating my web site, it's taken many attempts to load my web site, it stops with the message Timeout was reached, so I try again and it may stop on a different file, not always in the same place, but always near the beginning of my upload, so is it the update or something else?

Default Re: WD9 Prem (up to date) Timeout was reached?

A few people have reported this issue, so maybe it is update related.

I should have pointed out I'm using IE 10. A few .jpg images on my web site are incomplete, nothing to serious, but a good upload ASAP would be desired. If only the program pre-update was made available, it would save a lot of hassle )

In your shoes, for the moment anyway, I'd use FileZilla.

I used FileZilla to upload 1 page of my web site, but I ended up with a graphic that did not belong to that page,
    so there must be a way of uploading that is the same as WD9 do I just upload everything in my web site folder?
    NO I have just checked my web site folder on my PC and index.web is not uploaded.....

Export to a specific folder then upload the contents of that folder to the root of your web site.

I had the same problem and still using IE10 - I found it fell over on any file larger than 1MB.

Christine

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Farrelly View Post
    Export to a specific folder then upload the contents of that folder to the root of your web site.
    Thanks Christine that sounds better, hope Xara get onto this problem first thing Monday Morning )
    Using FileZilla (pauland) and a root folder (Christine Farrelly) was so easy I may never use WD9 to upload again ....
    Last edited by AndyBoyUK; 08 December 2013 at 08:36 AM.

The same thing has happened here as well.

You know... the VERY annoying (and ironic) thing is... I NEVER install and use the latest version right when it comes out. I've had Designer9 Premium installed in my machine, but haven't used it yet. I started it up today and went to see if there was an update. Yes, there was. So I figured NOW most of the bugs should be ironed out and I could stop using MX8. WRONG. I ended up with this Timeout error again and again. So I went right back to MX8 and it worked perfectly.

Come on Xara - get your act together!

Just to let you all know that i had the same issues and they are working on a update again to fix the issue. I had to make a registry change that support wanted me to try and it fixed the problem.
    I am using Internet explorer 11 with the latest Web designer updates.
    When i get home I will look at what change i made in the registry and post which should solve the issue

Thank goodness I found this posting I was tearing my hair out - what is left - and thought it was something I had done and have spent time in trying to understand what is going wrong.

It gets to 80% and reports Timeout so I am not the only one, I am not touching the registry that is fraught with danger as it may need to be changed back again and will have forgotten why and what for.

My other web site I have updated a lot recently and that works, it may be that it is only uploading a few modified pages only, not a complete site.

The new web site was for testing, so it was complete, I see though that a lot of pages were uploaded when exploring the space.

x9 w7 64 bit

Hope Xara can sort this bug ASAP.

Peter