Hi,

I'm new to xara and to this forum. So first of all hello to all of you

I'm still learning using this software and it's capabilities. I'm in the middle of making my first webpage in xara designer pro x and I have encountered a problem. Im not sure if there is an open thread on this but I have spent hours on searching for some answers. So now I'm here and my problem is:

When I'm in the edit mode everything looks crystal clear. The problem starts when I go to preview mode (I checked on few different browsers and it's exactly the same). All the fonts lose their properties. They look like the resolution of the screen has turned low. I'm not using any fancy, rare fonts. In my case it's Arial. Additionally bigger fonts look a bit better but the small ones (between 14 - 24) look just horrible. If this is how my website will look like than it means that I have done something really wrong and at this point I have no idea what.
I have tried to add some feather to the text layer and it worked like anti-aliasing. It helped, but still I don't think this is right thing to do. It has also slowed down the performance so now I don't even consider that trick.

There are also few other similar glitches. The nav bar for example doesn't look in the preview mode like in the edit mode. There is a line missing and the fonts also look worse than during the edit.

Anyways, please let me know if the effect I get is normal and what shall I use to make my website look better.
I attach screen shots.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	preview mode.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	99639Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edit mode.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	99638

If I get this wrong please tell me. I am aware that it may be normal and what I need to do is wisely choose fonts/sizes and constantly check their look in the browsers. But if there is a way to make everything look better (some export options, converting fonts into pictures etc) please let me know.

Thanx
Hubert