Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Nav bar and images are not working or missing in exported site

Have written a site in designer 9 on a 64bit machine with windows 7, It uploaded fine and works OK. I am working on the same xara web file making routine changes but the machine I am using is a Vista 32 bit machine and also I have upgraded to Xara 9 premium.
    When I export the site is does not work properly. The nav bar links do not work on some of the pages and some images do not appear . I tried running the program on my laptop which has 7, and the same result. I have used Xara for several years now. I love the program and have never had problems before. Any ideas.
    thank you.
    The site is www.holidayvillageassociation.com
    I have not uploaded the changes so it is working OK on line right now, but if I upload the revised site, you would see the problem.
    Last edited by Robertebob; 01 December 2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: sorry I should have posted on web design forum

Default Re: Nav bar and images are not working or missing in exported site

Without the source and no published site, this can only ever be a guessing game.
    In a Xara design view, click on an image that is not appearing and confirm it is on the right layer (info bar or Page & Layer Gallery > Locate).

Select Window > View Quality > Outlines and check if there are transparent objects sitting on top of your NavBar, or simply select the NavBar and bring to the front, Ctrl-F.

Acorn

Acorn - There is a link at the bottom of the post. www.holidayvillageassociation.com

Just took a look at your site and it loaded ok but I'm not able to click on the nav bar. The eight buttons of the nav bar appear only as a single png. Is this the revised site uploaded or the original?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Acorn - There is a link at the bottom of the post. www.holidayvillageassociation.com
    Gary, I followed the link but the OP's post stated he had not uploaded the problematic changes.

Acorn

Thank you acorn for reading the problem correctly. The file I want to upload, (the revised site) will not export properly. The background goes missing on a couple of pages, Chrome freezes, IE is much the same. I have used Xara for years and this is the first problem that I have that I could not solve.
    I have installed the latest Xara updates updated windows etc, but the problem is still there.