Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Updated website pages don't appear on internet

Mrs. Megg81,
    Thank you for your forgiving spirit. I feel so much better now. And as I said before, you have been a great deal of help to me as have others. I hope not to make more mistakes when i respond back to those who assist me. You and GW Priester mention the same thing. I will do just that. I am off to the store with my wife but will get to it when I get back. Thanks again for your kindness.

Bob

Hello again GW Priester and thank you very much for the thumbnails. How in the world do you produce these? I must admit I am just learning what I need to know about working with computers, but there is much more to learn. I've got to say that I am learning much here. This is so interesting and if I can grasp this and other stuff I will learn here I can really start building some great websites. Thanks much for your help. By the way, I am printing out every comment you all provide here for further reference. Indeed I am learning so much.

bob

The most important thing you have learned is not everybody in this forum is a guy.

Print Screen on your keyboard takes a photo of the entire screen. Then I paste the screen capture into Xara and edit.

Griller's Pride http://www.grillerspride.com is somewhere near you. Fabulous deli.

Hello GWPriester,

You are so right and I have learned much. The one thing I've got to be careful of is how I refer to anyone here because it just might be a lady (smile). Thank you for this additional information. As always, I do appreciate.

bob

Hello Megg81 and GWPriester,

As far as i can tell, I've done everything within my power to carry out the instructions each of you has provided. So far I am still at the same place. When I preview the website via Xara everything is great. Yet, when I go to one of my browsers the old website pops up and not all of the new stuff I've added. As a matter of fact, I've made changes to every page and none of it shows on when I go to one of my browsers.

Maybe the question i should have asked some while back is, how do I check to make certain all of my files is in the same or proper folder. I did not want to appear too ancient but I should have asked earlier because that's an important thing to know. In the mean time, I will re-read all of your earlier comments and go through and see what I might have missed. Thank you both so much.

bob

Hi Bob,
    Try removing the "newpathwaysconsultants" after /publichtml/ from your sub folder text.
    I pretty sure you don't need it.
    Regards
    Peter

Hi Bob,

I had the same problem myself a few weeks ago. I removed all the files on the hosting server to give me a clean directory and uploaded complete web design again. All ok now.

Just one simple thought though - have you cleared the 'history' in your browsers 'internet options' section ? Browsers often save your previous visits to a web site !

Great Sunday Morning Lily and Deltapete,

Thank you both so much for your feedback here regarding my Xara problem. I plan to get back to work after I return from church this afternoon. Everyone has been so wonderful here and I can't express how much I appreciate all the help. It's wonderful having this kind of support. Everyone have a blessed day.

bob

If you export your site as index.htm (Xara's default setting) and your previous site is index.html, the browser will always load index.html even if the file is older.

Publish your website and for the Filename: use index.html. This will force all the pages to use the .html extension.

After you have published your site, then use the F5 or Ctrl + F5 to refresh the page.

Thumbs up Re: Updated website pages don't appear on internet

Good Sunday Evening All,
    Well, Lily Locket mentioned how she took care of the same problem I was having. I decided to go to my hosting company and find out how to remove previous website files from their server. Well, I was able to do it to the extent that when I went to each of the 5 browsers I use there was nothing there and that's the good part. Now, the problem I am having is how to upload the newest website to the web. I've tried several times and can see all of the changes when I preview the pages, but when I export it and publish it there is nothing on the browsers. I am either saving the website wrong or uploading it with the wrong information. At least the old website is gone and I am pleased with that.

Well, I am building this website for my dear wife and should wait until she has given me all the content she wants in it. I will then go ahead and attempt to upload it to the world wide web. I have "FileZilla" (FTP) and will try to use that to upload the website. I will have to spend some time learning how to use this new tool, but i understand it is a better way to upload files. Again, everyone has been so wonderful and I do appreciate all you all have done to help me. What a team you all are.

bob
    Last edited by musicmanbob; 01 December 2013 at 11:47 PM.