Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problems getting my flash text to flash during web preview

Good Thanksgiving morning all and this is my very first post here. I hope all are blessed on this and every day. I am using Xara Wed Designer Premium 7 and Xara 3D Graphic Designer version 7. Here is the text file I've developed. "Telecommunication Is Key To Business". When I complete the text file it moves as it should. However, when I go to preview this file on one of my web pages it does not move and just lays there if I can use that terminology. There is no doubt I am doing something wrong. I will appreciate all the help I can get.

Please give me a step by step way to import this flash text file or any flash file onto my web page. Thank you so much for your comments.

musicmanbob

Default Re: Problems getting my flash text to flash during web preview

Create a placeholder the same size as your flash movie. A placeholder is a simple rectangle that you use to add code to the published site.

Go to Website Properties > Placeholder, and click Browse next to Replace with Flash, browse to your .swf file, and select it.

Preview the page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	placeholder.png 
Views:	192 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	99597  

Good evening GWPriester,

I just got back from Thanksgiving dinner at my wife's mothers home. So, I am getting back to thank you a little late. Please know that I very much appreciate this information and will apply it as soon as possible. We had a long drive and after a heavy meal I am sleepy. I am sure I will try this first thing tomorrow. Thank you again sir.

musicmanbob

Hello again sir,
    In fact I could not wait. I did what you suggested and did get the text on my webpage. However, when I went to preview it on all of the browsers, the text was static with no movement at all. Tell me what do I use to draw the rectangle or placeholder box? I am more than sure I am doing something wrong. Thank you so much for guidance.

musicmanbob

Can you post the .swf file here?

Hello again GWPriester, I think I've finally got it. I will be back in touch here tomorrow to let you know I am sure I've got it. Thank you sir.

musicmanbob

Good afternoon GWPriester,

You've done it. You directed me how to introduce my word flash file onto my webpage. Thanks so much.

musicmanBob