Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: what is...

a plugin? I have heard a lot about them recently, and i feal left out in the dark.
    what are they, what are they used for how do you get them, etc [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    thank ye

a plugin? I have heard a lot about them recently, and i feal left out in the dark.
    what are they, what are they used for how do you get them, etc [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    thank ye

An extra little bit of software that cannot be run independently but instead adds functionality to another program. These are most common with bitmap tools eg Photoshop where they do things like add fancy effects.

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Xara can use Photoshop compatible plug-in filters to apply effects to bitmap images.

There are several free and shareware (pay if you like the filter) in the XaraXone Shareware Page along with some mini-tutorials for using the plug-in and for plugging the plug-ins in.

I used a variety of plug-in filters to give some of my photos of New Mexico vegetation a painterly quality at The Placitas Chamber of Commerce Photos Page.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://www.gwpriester.com" TARGET=_blank>
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on June 10, 2002 at 19:03.]