Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Re: Just what does it say in the small print?

Who knows, one day, the customer's rights might actually come first?!
    But, don't hold your breath for it.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

I don't think that all clauses in agreements like this are enforceable.

The nerve to issue fines and even put that clause in in the first place is incredible.

...unfortunately you opted for our "Never Pay" Policy. (Monty Python)
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Let's face it we are all guilty of not reading terms and conditions, we simply think that the seller is somehow bound by some sort of gentleman's agreement. I also have some sympathy with the company (just a little) there are a lot of review sites out there open to abuse from competitors and I know for a fact that some companies use review sites to leave negative reviews for competitors, in fact we were on a directory site and on three separate occasions we have had to get negative reviews removed, all left by competitors setting up fake accounts. On two occasions we contacted the directory to assure them that the reviewer was not a client and asked for proof that they were a client and they did not hear back from the reviewer so removed the review off their site. On another occasion it was a customer and actually said that they were not happy with a job and apparantely we refused to refund their money. We provided proof to the directory that the customer had been refunded and they removed the review. Not only does this affect our reputation but wastes the time we should be spending on providing great service to our customers.

We have now removed our details from most of the directories we used to be listed on because they are very open to abuse, both from competitors, customers making mountains out of molehills and even businesses leaving fake positive reviews.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Let's face it we are all guilty of not reading terms and conditions, we simply think that the seller is somehow bound by some sort of gentleman's agreement. I also have some sympathy with the company (just a little) there are a lot of review sites out there open to abuse from competitors and I know for a fact that some companies use review sites to leave negative reviews for competitors, in fact we were on a directory site and on three separate occasions we have had to get negative reviews removed, all left by competitors setting up fake accounts. On two occasions we contacted the directory to assure them that the reviewer was not a client and asked for proof that they were a client and they did not hear back from the reviewer so removed the review off their site. On another occasion it was a customer and actually said that they were not happy with a job and apparantely we refused to refund their money. We provided proof to the directory that the customer had been refunded and they removed the review. Not only does this affect our reputation but wastes the time we should be spending on providing great service to our customers.

We have now removed our details from most of the directories we used to be listed on because they are very open to abuse, both from competitors, customers making mountains out of molehills and even businesses leaving fake positive reviews.

I can't have any sympathy with a company that needs a gagging clause and is vindictive enough to damage someone's credit record.

Believe me I have no sympathy with this company, just pointing out why they may have thought of putting in that clause in the first place, like I said we have had to resort to removing our details from direcotories and potentially loosing business due to fave negative reviews but why would never go as far as doing something like this, we have a full complaints procedure in place, which this company obviously does not.

"Just what does it say in the small print?" I don't know, it's too small to read.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I don't think that all clauses in agreements like this are enforceable.
    certainly not enforceable in the UK

and if the company went on to give you a bad credit rating you could get that fixed
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...