Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Three files: Where do they come from

Hi
    sitemap.xml; robots.txt; index.xhl

When you export the website these files do not appear. However, after you publish to the website, there they are.
    I want to know where they came from. Did the FTP in Designer Pro generate them or are they generated by the web host?
    TIA
    td

I see that sitemap.xml is only generated if you specify your website in the FTP settings so the FTP uploader seems to generate this.
    Can anyone add more please?

Default Re: Three files: Where do they come from

I'm fairly certain they are generated by Xara on ftp publish.

You can open robots.txt in Wordpad to see what's in there. I believe it is a SEO related file. See here for more info http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/robots.shtml

Steve Ledger addressed index.xhl thusly: This helps Xara know which files have changed when you republish and have selected the 'Re-publish changed files only' option

Default Re: Three files: Where do they come from

For your sitemap.xml file, the Help for Publishing states:
    • If you want a sitemap generated for your website, or if you want your site included in the Xara User Gallery, you need to enter the full URL of your published website in the Website URL field. For the sitemap, a file called sitemap.XML is automatically generated. This is a list of the pages on your website, and helps search engines find and list all the pages in your site. If no URL is specified here when you publish your website, no sitemap is created.
    • For MAGIX sites - Click Publish. Your website will then publish and you will see the data transfer window indicating the progress of the publish. When the publish is finished you'll be able to navigate to your website via the link which appears in the data transfer window. Publishing to MOW automatically generates a sitemap which you will see as a sitemap.xml file in your MOW webspace. This is a list of the pages on your website, and helps search engines find and list all the pages in your site
    Acorn