Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 Embedding a mp3 sound file

Hi all, is it possible to embed or insert a mp3 sound file on a website? And if so, how?
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

Default Re: Embedding a mp3 sound file

Yes, this is possible. From the help file:

MP3 files
    Import an MP3 file to add audio to your web page. A prompt allows you to choose whether the audio should start automatically when your page is loaded, or whether it should only start when the play button is pressed on the player.

As with the other file types above, a placeholder image showing the player is generated and placed on your page and the MP3 file and all other files needed to make the player work are copied to the support folder of your document and will be included in your exported website. Preview page to see the player in action.

The player is simple and unobtrusive. You can start and stop the audio, click on the time line to jump to different parts of the audio, adjust the volume (click on the volume indicator line) and mute (click the speaker icon).

Technical note: The player uses the native HTML 5 capabilities of the web browser to play the audio, if the browser supports it and if it also supports the MP3 format. Otherwise Flash is used. This means the player will work in all major browser versions (older browsers don't support HTML 5 and even some modern browsers don't directly support MP3).

Thanks Boy, but where can I find this help file? When I type MP3 files in Xara Help, there's nothing found... I work with XDP7
    Marcia
    Frank Zappa

Sorry about that, Marcia, I should have checked which version you are using. This feature was introduced with version 8. You will have to do this manually using a placeholder. Take a look at this guest tutorial from 2010: http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest89/.

Of course the Flash player will not work with such devices as ipads and iphones so you may want to consider upgrading because the new version uses HTML 5 (see the technical note from the help file in my first post).

Thanks again for your effords Boy, I think I'll do this player tutorial
    Marcia
    Frank Zappa