Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Events Calendar

Default Events Calendar

In a Xara page I'd like to display an events feed. Ideally from facebook using RSS .... but after a bit of reading around it seems its not possible to export an rss feed from a facebook events page or facebook calendar. Unless anyone has managed a solution?

So if that's not possible then does anyone know of an alternative way to display an events list which is presented as a feed from another source? (I have a subscription to RSS include) - Im just wondering if there are any free calendar or events apps out there, if social media doesnt offer a way of getting hold of the feed which is a shame!

Default Re: Events Calendar

If anyone else is looking for a solution to the same problem (and I've spent couple of days on finding the best solution!)- then there's a great website which will generate a calendar from your facebook events calendar and it can be embedded as an iframe. First install Facebook's own event calendar & enter your events - then still in facebook click on one of the events then on the settings cog on the top right of the page click export event. A popup box then appears saying "to subscribe to all upcoming events on your calendar...." and a url which stars webcal://facebook.... copy this url.

Then go to www.instantcal.com and start choosing the layout of the calendar you want to use. There are options for large month, day & year calendars and also list boxes and scroll boxes. The url you copied from facebook is the one you need to paste in for the location of your calendar. instantcal then generates the code you need as an iframe ready to use in your webpage -- just play around a little to change the box colour, size etc in a html editor.

There's no tech support on instantcal and it is a free service - but it's very simple to use and has proved to be a great resource, so hope this helps someone else out!

Default Re: Events Calendar

Thanks for sharing this Megg.