Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default repelling text to any shaped object

gpholman posted a tutorial on repelling text to any shaped object.
    I have tried this many times but so far cannot get it to work for me.
    Have any of you tried this method and if so did it work for you? What am I doing wrong I wonder.

Here is his tutorial. Sorry I cannot find his original post for this. Thank you for the tutorial gpholman, can you please help?
    I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong. when I repel I might get a few lines but everything else either does not show or is moved way down the page and is ghosted out. I will try again and post a sample so you can see the problem I am having.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	text inside.png 
Views:	218 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	99435

text inside.xar
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: repelling text to any shaped object

Try keeping the transparency at 50% to start with.
    Then grow, shrink, squeeze, stretch, distort or rotate your shape until all the text fill the hole(s).
    The text box needs to have similar bounds to the hole(s).
    If you tweak the text instead, you are there for ever.

Name:	Shaped Object for Text.png 
Views:	126 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	99437
    Acorn

Thanks Acorn.
    I finally got it to work. I had a lot of text leftover which was not used in the repel but I found I could use the text tool and remove all that extra text.

Here are my results trying a circle. What still seems odd is that it changed the textbox itself to something longer but kept the same width.

Name:	repelled 1.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	99438 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	repelled to circle.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	99439

repelled text to circle.xar
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

This technique is very good I would like to try it too, thanks Larry that you brought it up

hello again my friend, funny you should be doing this I was doing something that somebody else about this, Larry. He could not get it to work either at first but now has it done I think, he is helping me with a few projects to learn how to do a few things with the design 9. He is connecting to my computer and then we are doing stuff, after a couple of weeks we finally found out after he was talking to me through the program through a microphone and I could talk to him back today instead of using notepad, what a great difference that made because I was trying to do things with telling him in notepad or doing something in the program and every time we were using the mouse and keyboard or my dictation software I couldn't keep control of it because he is doing something with it and didn't realise that we both have control.

At least now I can talk to him I found out today which made a big difference.

I want to try it this text thing going as well. Hope you have been well since our last project.

Regards Mark

PS I came looking for a posting that Frank put I think regarding some text font website that I need to install for the computer.