Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default trouble with pop-up layers Web Designer 9v premium

Hi there!

I,m new to Xara products and been using Xara Web Designer 9 Premium for about two weeks, so its definitely possible that Im doing something wrong here. On the other hand, I am an IT professional with decades of experience and Ive been looking hard at this for more than a day now, without finding a solution.
    Luckily, Ive been able to narrow down the problem to a a few simple steps and can reproduce it using nothing more than one of Xar'a own standard templates....

Anyhow, here goes:

1) begin a new site using the Landcapes theme

2) make the Product page the current page

3) check that things work as expected by using the Page Preview.. select all four products and look at the four popup layers. Everything works fine, each popup layer showing text and one picture each.

4) now go to the Page and Layer Gallery

5) rightclick -in the Product page of course- on Pop up layer 4 and select "Duplicate layer"

6) do nothing else than this

7) now preview the page again..... You'll notice that the pictures on popup layers 1,2 and 3 are gone, leaving an empty space in their place. The picture on layer 4 is still there.---

My actual problem is of course a bit more complicated, but this is what it seems to boil down to.

You can vary the faulty behavior by choosing another layer than nr 4 to duplicate, but the probem remains similar.

Hope someone can point out what Im doing wrong!
    If I cant solve this, Ill have to do a major redesign of my website.... definitely not looking forward to that.

Thanks!

Leo

Default Re: trouble with pop-up layers Web Designer 9v premium

Leo, it is because the Soft Group of the copied Layer 4 has Push, Fixed for its Position on Page.
    It must be repelling the images that are under it. If you move if slightly, the "lost" images are pushed to the bottom of the page and the page is greatly extended.

This is the step you may have not done.
    I assume that you have created a fifth button to the NavBar and linked it to Pop-up action?
    Try that first and it should all work.

You will have to deconstruct the template to understand it fully.
    If you however remove the Push aspect, all should be fine.

Acorn

Default Re: trouble with pop-up layers Web Designer 9v premium

I've been using Xara WD way back to V3 and am having the same pop-up malfunction with WD 9 Premium
    Same with mouse-over functions (but not with regular hyperlinking). Testing using preview work just fine.
    Following one suggestion I even uninstalled IE11 - no improvement.
    Sites which worked perfectly are now failing to operate as intended.

ScotGold