Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Sudden issue with Wacom pen with Xara

Hi, all.

Well, I've had an interesting afternoon. While trying to use XaraDesignerPro7 with my Wacom 21ux tablet, my pen developed the jitters. I'd try to draw something, and the pen's cursor would shake like it had Parkinson's, then draw awful crooked lines. I FINALLY found a fix for it here: http://surfaceproartist.com/blog/201...eel-it-drivers

That worked for the jitters. But another problem the pen had developed still lingers - Xara won't recognize the pen's touch when I try to, say, change a pen line thickness from 1 to 4 pt. I tap with the pen on that function, and the drop down menu either won't open, or it opens, then closes immediately before I can make a choice. The heck's going on? Anyone else having this issue? Help!

Default Re: Sudden issue with Wacom pen with Xara

My guess would be that some other device is generating pointer of keyboard events.

Have you got something resting on your keyboard? Have you got a Wacom mouse on or near the tablet at the same time as the pen?

Those are the sort of thing to look for an eliminate first by clearing everything away and if that doesn't work by unplugging things one by one until the problem goes away.

Phil

Default Re: Sudden issue with Wacom pen with Xara

Also re-install the driver, it may have got corrupted.

Christine