Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Purchased Pro X9 from newegg as a download - do I get my CD and printed manual?

I purchased Designer Pro X9 from newegg the other day (very good deal) and received my serial numbers and activated Xara with no problems. My question is - will Xara still send me the backup CD and printed manual even though I didn't purchase the software directly from Xara?

Just wondering if anyone else has purchased Designer Pro X9 from a non-Xara website and still received the CD and manual. I've submitted a ticket to Xara support but have not heard back from them yet.

Thanks a bunch

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Purchased Pro X9 from newegg as a download - do I get my CD and printed manual?

Hi Frogula, Welcome to Talkgraphics.

I'm not familiar with Newegg and I really have no idea what Xara's policy would be regarding the printed manuals when purchase is not made directly through them. You have done the best thing by contacting Xara support, and I'm sure they will answer you as soon as they can. I will however pass this on and see if someone from Xara will answer this post as it may help others as well.

In the meantime if you have any questions about using your new software don't hesitate to ask
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Purchased Pro X9 from newegg as a download - do I get my CD and printed manual?

Quote Originally Posted by Frogula View Post
    I purchased Designer Pro X9 from newegg the other day (very good deal)...
    How much did you pay?

The price on newegg.com appears to be the same as it is on xara.com: $299

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    How much did you pay?

The price on newegg.com appears to be the same as it is on xara.com: $299
    Looks like it went back up in price. I got it on sale for $130.

Thanks angelize. Still haven't heard back from Xara support. Not a big deal if I don't get the CD and manual since there is so much on the web to help me out, but I'd read somewhere if you have the actual CD from Xara you don't have to reenter your key code if you have to reinstall the software - maybe??

I've heard back from Xara and they don't directly supply newegg. Newegg is supplied by Magix US.so you can't get the CD or Manual directly from Xara. Here are the contact details for Magix US You may be able to get it from them.

Quick Info

Manufacturer Contact Info

Return Policies

This item is covered by Newegg.com's Downloadable Software Replacement Policy.
    • Return for refund within: non-refundable
    • Return for replacement within: non-replaceable
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

There are some good resources for learning the software here:

Xara.com videos
    Xara Xone
    Youtube

Plus you can ask questions here and there are lots of helpful members who will be glad to help
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok thanks a bunch. Wow - kinda confusing between Xara & Magix. Who is who? Who supports what? Haha.

Xara is a wholly owned subsiduary of Magix. So if you purchase through Magix or a Magix supplied reseller you get support through Magix. If you purchase directly through Xara you get support through Xara.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Magix is telling me it is a Xara product so I need to get with Xara. Xara tells me it is a newegg issue so contact Newegg. Newegg says it is a Magix product so get with them.

Let the "we don't want to help" merry-go-round begin. I don't see why it matters where I purchased Xara's software. I'm a new owner of Xara Designer Pro X9 and I feel a bit slighted. I'm in the fold, upgrades year after year, add-ons, etc. Nice software for sure, but the support/customer service side of it is a bit screwed up if you ask me.

But I'll get over it - haha. I'll not bother this thread anymore with this issue. Thanks for your help and advice.