Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Activation count lock out!

Xara Web Designer 9 Premium greeted me with a strange message this morning. The gist of it was the program wanted me to reactivate, but when I clicked to do so, I was presented with an even stranger message, informing me that I had 'exceeded the number of activations, etc' and should contact Support. This I did - having no other option - and the fix turned out be someone at Xara upgrading my account so I am able to activate the software again.

What I don't get, is why this happened in the first place. The day before, the program was working well, and I've made no changes to the system. So why did it suddenly decide to lock me out? I could understand if the program was on multiple systems, but it's just sitting on the original installation drive, where it's been since I bought it. So I'm failing to see how I could've exceeded anything.

Nathan

Default Re: Activation count lock out!

Xara support is the only one that can resolve your issue. Did you explain it the same way to them? For me they have been very prompt and helpful.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Xara support is the only one that can resolve your issue. Did you explain it the same way to them? For me they have been very prompt and helpful.
    Oh yes, it's already done and as you said they were prompt. I just don't get why the program suddenly decided to lock me out, and wondered if this is happening to others?

That is very strangte Nathan. Xara support is the only one that can help. Did you explain it the same way to them? I had a similar issue once and they were very prompt in resolving the issue.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Did you explain it the same way to them? I had a similar issue once and they were very prompt in resolving the issue.
    Yes, I did explain it the same way, and as I mentioned above, the fix was timely.

I'm still at a loss as to why this happened, and would obviously like to prevent it happening again. Today, a weekday, helped in getting a result, but had this been over a weekend or a Bank Holiday, I'd have been locked out of my own project!

Anyway, will check back tomorrow, and see if anyone else can shed some light.

Nathan