Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Isometric drawings

Inspired by the gear making tutorial in Xara Xone area and evolved into something else as it is now good time to change winter tires here in Finland. This was quickly done, so no colour and only simple lines.

Everything was done on RISC OS platform using 2D CAD and ArtWorks 2 vector drawing software.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	99239  

Default Re: Isometric drawings

Another quick drawing with something very Finnish...

Name:	Untitled2.png 
Views:	278 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	99242  

And one with colour.

Android screen removed from drawing as was not own screen grab.

Name:	HTCphone.png 
Views:	241 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	99243  

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Nice work. Is the second image a heater?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Is the second image a heater?
    Before I saw Gary's post I thought it might be part of a sauna to make the steam. In which case it is a heater.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Before I saw Gary's post I thought it might be part of a sauna to make the steam. In which case it is a heater.
    Yes, that is the sauna heater, kiuas as the Finnish say.

Here is another one of my early test drawings in isometric perspective. Bottle and chess pawn are one of those iconic things everyone will always do first with 3D modelling software as those are just simple sweep objects. So chess pawn it had to be...

This uses similar approach as sweep can just be substituted with extrude to get similar shape.

Name:	pawn.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	99246  

theinonen I see you have no Xara software. I know you are comfortable and proficient using what you have but you should give Xara software a try. If you don't want to buy it that's OK, download the trial, if for no other reason then to see what it has to offer.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    theinonen I see you have no Xara software. I know you are comfortable and proficient using what you have but you should give Xara software a try. If you don't want to buy it that's OK, download the trial, if for no other reason then to see what it has to offer.
    If I am not mistaken PC version of ArtWorks became Xara, so in a way I am actually using Xara software as everything originates from that old Computer Concepts ArtWorks vector drawing software on RISC OS from the early 90's.

My PC laptop broke so currently this old RISC OS box serves as my only computer and until I get to buy new system I can not use any PC software. (Poor engineering student has not much extra money to spend for computing hobbies.)

Got an old Risc Os StrongArm 2 machine at my feet at the moment. Thought about using it to run weather station over the winter but got a present of Raspberry PI so not sure which one I will use. Good old machine the Acorns were and so easy to use and programme and that was an operating system still not bettered in a desktop machine.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I had 3 x RiscPC before I got an Iyonix that is my current system. Those were nice computers but so much slower than Iyonix particularly in hard disk operations and it is hard to go back using slower systems, so I gave them away for people that would actually use them.

Name:	area0.PNG 
Views:	208 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	99281