Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Is this a swastika-style logo?

Frances, I don't think Man Utd are lacking in design talent, or the money to pay for it. There will have been some straight talking within the club after this incident.
    IP

I don't the team needs a logo designer. The team needs a little sensitivity training.
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I'm thinking that it could be just for fun.

I found a full image of the newsletter cover that would give us the photo of the players and the club's proper logo and newsletter heading. If there is interest I'll dissect the image, remove the offensive stuff, and start a challenge thread.

If the interest isn't there that's OK
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Geez. And their constant use of the term "Reds" for players is also reminiscent of cold war struggle between the West and the Russians. And...and...

I think "sensitivity" is a PC sickness. Unless someone points out that this was intentional homage to Nazism, and I doubt that will happen, I could care less. Looking at the logo all I could do is to look how the logo "flowed" to connect the words to the thing. It sucks as a logo. And the colors? Well, that are their colors aren't they?
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Unless someone points out that this was intentional homage to Nazism,...
    How could it not have been intentional? I don't know what the School Curriculum is like in the States, or elsewhere around the world but here in Canada the history of WW2 is a basic part of history lessons. I don't see how anyone could design that cover with that logo and the words New Order and claim they did not know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

We were taught the same facts in the US, of course. I don't know about Canada, but in the US there is a principle where people are presumed innocent, not quilty.
    IP

Nobody's on trial.

I'm disappointed that you and others don't see the problem. Fortunately a lot of other people including Man U management, do.
    IP

Don't be disappointed, Paul. "Man U management" are doing a CYA move. That's all.

Really, for something a bit more complete, the newsletter/email's title would be New World Order. The phrase, NWO, was used long before Hitler in his second book. And used by US Presidents and other world leaders before and since Hitler. Where's the outcry for their usage?

I have seen "square" logos comprised of four letters (or less) at opposing angles. So it must be, for those offended, the combinations of (1) logo color (2) logo shape and, (3) the title.

I'm disappointed that you and others see a problem. There, we're even.
    IP

Neuordnung - "New Order" - was a specific Nazi thing Mike, different from New World Order though the two are often conflated nowadays

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Order_(Nazism)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

FWIW, I think the juxtaposition of the symbol with the words "New Order" is disturbing, the symbol by itself isn't as it is too removed from the swastika. The "fire wheel" symbol is ubiquitous throughout the East and should be rescued from the disgusting connotations due to Nazi ideology, but it's still too soon.

I didn't realise it was used in the Americas too Gary, that is interesting.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP