Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: pictures corrupt since updating to Windows 8.1 when using FTP publish

I'm having a similar issue, but I believe it started after recent update to IE-11, that or a same-day update to Nvidia GeForce Experience/drivers is the problem. I'm running Win-7/64.

It started out with a Forms2GO form not displaying properly in IE-10, so I updated to IE-11. No change. Then, I noticed that Xara was uploading many more than just the recently changed files. Then, ALL my files at my webhost (GoDaddy and they are GREAT!) became truncated. They have an app for checking the HTML code of the file as part of their Linux front end.

So, I deleted all files and re-uploaded. Same problem.

Single pages display properly in Xara Preview, the entire website displays properly in Preview, the entire site displays properly no matter which browser is picked from the Preview site, however, if I go to an actual browswer window, the files are truncated!

When I get the answer, I'll post.

Red face Re: pictures corrupt since updating to Windows 8.1 when using FTP publish

I fixed the problem with FTP publishing through Xara.

I uninstalled IE-11 through Control Panel/Programs/Windows Updates (click on IE-11 and select Uninstall) going back to IE-10.

Then re-published my site to GoDaddy.

Viola! Website is BACK!

Hope this helps someone!

Jeack

Default Re: pictures corrupt since updating to Windows 8.1 when using FTP publish

Thanks for the info Jeack. However, uninstalling a standard Microsoft program (essentially downgrading) to accommodate a Xara program flaw isn't really a "fix".

Has anyone gotten word of a true Xara update/fix for XWD9P? It'd be nice if we had an ETR from them. At the very least, Xara should let us know what they're doing to resolve the issue.

I have observed that what is happeneing is that the corrupted files uploaded by Web Designer are being truncated to 1460 bytes. The other thing that is happening to me is that the whole web site gets uploaded every time, even though I make one small change to one page. I have selected the option to only upload changes.

I am using Windoes 7 64 bit. This definitely occurred after the recent "patch Tuesday" this November. For now I am uploading with Filezilla.

New update works. Great job, thank you!

I am using Windows 7. I installed the new update today and tried it. I still get the same problem of corrupted files. The corrupted files are truncated to 1460 bytes.

Maybe the fix only works for Windows 8 and 8.1?

I installed the update and noticed two things:-

While the images appear to load fine (mostly), the .htm pages are truncated.
    The program uploads all files - not only those requiring changes (even if the checkbox is ticked).

Come one guys! Fix this properly!

I am running Windows 8.1 and Xara 9.2.4.30310 DL x64 Nov 18 2013

You could try XaReg2 [link in my sig] and change the FTP connection type to Passive, if it's not already

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	passive.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	99524

Can always reverse that if needed
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

The latest patch - rev 9.2.4.30310 does not fix the FTP problems encountered by those using Internet Explorer 11. We are continuing to work on a solution to this and will be releasing a further update shortly.

Thank you for your continuous support.

Thanks for letting us know
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64