Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: pictures corrupt since updating to Windows 8.1 when using FTP publish

Quote Originally Posted by theother View Post
    I’ve just restored W8 (instead of W8.1) and the uploads from Xara work perfect again.

sorry, I don’t have time for this. But at least you know that there is an issue with 8.1 and corrupt uploads with X9 Pro.
    Thanks Steve, we have reproduced a problem and are investigating. Many thanks for bringing it to our attention

Default Re: pictures corrupt since updating to Windows 8.1 when using FTP publish

I still can check on my laptop which has 8.1 in case you have it fixed at one point...

It's worth checking windows 8.1 compatibility first herehttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...oad-online-faq

I'm having the same problem.

It didn't occur to me that Win8.1 could be the cause of this problem. I assumed that I had corrupted something, and found this board in the hopes of figuring out how to repair it. I wasted a couple of days on this.

It's strange that all the browser previews look fine, but when you upload it to a server, photos are affected. Parts of photos are missing, or entire photos are missing, on pretty well every page.

Just letting you know that I'm anxiously looking forward to this fix, and if I can assist, let me know.

Thanks!

8.1 - IE11 - is having trouble with Google stuff and blaming Google tho Outlook is affected and last time I heard that was MS!

.....Microsoft has now made changes of its own to fix the problem [with Google], which can be turned on by unticking an option in IE11 that makes the browser use "Microsoft Compatibility lists
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24608277

Don't know whether that "fix" will help as it's nothing to do with Xara but worth a try and it shows it's not Xara's fault
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

this has nothing to do with IE11. The uploads from Xara are corrupt.
    Pictures don't arrive whole at the FTP.

Unhappy Re: pictures corrupt since updating to Windows 8.1 when using FTP publish

Quote Originally Posted by theother View Post
    this has nothing to do with IE11. The uploads from Xara are corrupt.
    Pictures don't arrive whole at the FTP.
    I also have the same problem since I updated to 8.1 (64). I use web designer 7 premium and while all the browser previews look fine, when I upload it to a server, photos are affected. Parts of photos or entire photos are missing, even entire pages are corrupted. I downloaded the demo of web designer 9 premium and created a new place for exporting my website, just to see what it happens, and every preview looked perfect since the moment I published it, when I saw the same problems.
    Please help ! One of the main advantages of this software was its possibility to upload automatically only the changed files. It is a nigthmare to do it manually with ftp. If there is no solution, xarawebdesigner becomes useless !!

Please can you tell me how to restore my computer back to Win8? Please help?

I have serious problems with xara upload, no slides show's work, no picture holders work! Your right its a nightmare. I have been told Xara are working on this Win8.1 problem but it's going on too long. I've been weeks now with no resolve.
    I use google chrome could that be the problem?
    I have used FileZilla, still the same problem.
    I have used a different computer running Win7, still same problem.
    SO OVER THIS ENTIRE SITUATION!!
    We need resolveNOW!?
    Please help if you, don't ask me any questions it is what it is.

Check these websites: www.slatedining.com.au and www.slateroofingqueensland.com.au
    Most pages have slideshows and picture galleries, it's the nature of these sites to show pictures.
    Thank you

Yes, this is taking too long, Xara. Serious problem! Any update?

Hi. This problem is not specific to Xara. We have completed tests from a win 8.1 machine using a variety of external FTP tools ( Filezilla, Winscp etc) and encountered the same problem. We are therefore continuing to investigate whilst keeping an eye on similar reports found on Google.

We would be interested to know whether you encounter a problem when attempting to upload your files via an external FTP tool.
    Thanks