Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default pictures corrupt since updating to Windows 8.1 when using FTP publish

I've updated Windows to 8.1 yesterday and when I update my website with Xara Pro X9 through FTP uploader some of the pictures are corrupt. There is part of the picture, approx. 30% at the end missing.

It's a bit like playing the lottery. Once it worked, but next time a few pictures are partly broken.
    Fast publish on/off makes no difference. I also deleted the old pictures first on FTP manually before uploading and same error.

I checked on another computer with 8.1 and it's the same problem.

This is very bad.

The only way out was to manually replace the broken pictures with an FTP program (SmartFTP).

Anyone else having this problem?
    Already submitted a ticket...

best,

steve

running Xara 9.2.3

Default Re: pictures corrupt since updating to Windows 8.1 when using FTP publish

HI Steve, sorry to hear you are having problems. Are you running 8.1 32 or 64 bit ? Additionally do you have IE 11 installed or IE 10?

It would be good to get a log file generated which may give us some additional information as to what's causing the problem and information on generating a log file can be viewed from http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...articleid=2836

A useful test would be to publish your website to a subfolder rather than overwriting your current site as this provides a cleaner test. Did the problem occur? If not then make a small alteration to your file and republish and check whether the changes upload successfully.

Thanks

Default Re: pictures corrupt since updating to Windows 8.1 when using FTP publish

I deleted all from the ftp directory before uploading and the end of picture was missing.
    when I used SmartFTP all content was there.

There is no error on Xara. So I think the log won't show anything, but I can check.

64bit W8.1. And IE11, but I also checked with Safari & Firefox and pictures were broken too. When you download the pics you could see the part of it was black/missing.

I will see if I can re-create the problem and send you screenshot/log etc.

Loads of problems with IE11 all day. WHY DID I UPGRADE to 8.1? Total nightmare... Not even Google Calendar is working in IE11. SoundCloud is broken. The list is endless...

cheers,

It stopped doing it now. I don't know why. It was driving me mad all morning. Pictures were fine in htm folder Xara stores locally, but when uploading it on FTP they would arrive broken there.

Another thing, Xara seems to forget where I stored the html files on my computer and defaults back to 'Documents' after a while. That did not happen before W8.1. It would always remember last folder used for HTML export.

Now it did it again!

check for yourself...

www.steve-rhodes.com at the end.

Or look at screenshot... I can't leave it up too long like this...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	99158  

Hi Steve, we've replied to your ticket as well and are attempting to reproduce the problem. I suspect many services will require some tweak to ensure they work correctly with Internet Explorer 11. We are aware that our chart and accordion widgets display/behave incorrectly in IE11 and will be updating the widgets accordingly.

tried to reply but your email is not working!

Is anything working today??

that's the error:
    --------------------------------------
    - These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server:
    products@supportsystem.xara.com; Failed; 5.4.0 (other or undefined network or routing status)

Not seeing that here.

Did you try a screen refresh? (F5 or Ctrl F5)

that's not possible. I went to another computer with safari and the bottom picture on www.steve-rhodes.com is cut off. The text should say "Making Me Rich" and it's not there. IE shows a pattern where pic should be.
    check again!
    The pic get corrupted when the upload takes place from Xara.
    If I upload via SmartFTP all is good.

Currently trying to restore my office machine back to W8. This is a nightmare! (typing this on laptop)

I’ve just restored W8 (instead of W8.1) and the uploads from Xara work perfect again.

sorry, I don’t have time for this. But at least you know that there is an issue with 8.1 and corrupt uploads with X9 Pro.