Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Another photo resize question

I have taken a photo of my grandson in a meeting with his team and coach from the far side of the soccer field. I have resized the photo successfully to fit a 5X7 printout. Now I would like to do another 5X7 of the same photo but zoomed in closer on my grandson (I realize I will lose some of the team members). I have no idea how to go about it. I am sure it is simple but I would appreciate some guidance. Thank you.

Bob

Default Re: Another photo resize question

Select the photo with the Fill Tool. You will see an L shaped fill path with arrows on the ends. Click one of the small boxes at the end of the arrows. Then use the arrow keys on your keyboard to increase or decrease the size of the image. Normally the up arrow key will increase the size and the down arrow will decease the size. But depending on the orientation of the photo, it might be the left or right arrow keys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resize.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	99141  

I would say if you want to zoom in, create a 5x7 rectangle with a smallish line and clear fill so you can see what you are getting. Then enlarge the photo to what you desire then position the rectangle over what you want to keep and select both and intersect shapes or put the rectangle to the back and clipview. Another way is to fill the 5x7 rectangle with the bitmap and using the fill arrows enlarge and position the way you want it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thank you both. I have tried both suggestions and have accomplished what I had wanted with each.

Bob