Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Add live effect to a picture drawn by hand?

I hand drew some pictures of rats that I have to use for a video pitch assignment. I'd like to add some fur using the live effect found in the Eye Candy 4000 plugin. I have disabilities and drawing in Xara is very difficult. Is it possible to add a live effect to a picture without having to draw over it using the program? I also drew smiling cheese that I'd like to add the gradient glow live effect to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

One of my rats (fur live effect wanted): http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...X/Scan0008.png

Smiley cheese (glow live effect wanted): http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...X/Scan0004.png
    Last edited by RaptorMoonX; 19 October 2013 at 04:11 PM. Reason: forgot to add the pictures for reference
    Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover

Default Re: Add live effect to a picture drawn by hand?

Raptor I see you are using Xara 5 and that does not have the tools you need to do what you want. Medhi has a fur plugin that may do what you want. Here is the rub, first you need to drop out the background. Your images look fairly large and if that size is OK I will give it a shot and see what I can do for you. Just let me know.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I am not satisfied with these but here you go anyway. With the pumpkin I didn't really know what you wanted so I did it this way. the two (mice?) have fur from the medhi plugin. This probably isn't what you wanted but we'll see I guess. Anyway I hope this helps a little. On the mice? you may want to do something different than using the medhi plugin. I also don't think you wanted the dark gray areas gray. Maybe the xar files will give you something you need.

Also including the xar file just in case.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fur 1.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	99143Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan `.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	229.3 KB 
ID:	99147

scan 1.xar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pumpkin glow.png 
Views:	130 
Size:	180.2 KB 
ID:	99144

pumpkin glow.xar
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I'm using XDPX9. And thank you for your help. This is really appreciated. The background will be deleted when I shrink the images down for importation into Game Maker Studio. Out of curiosity, is there a live-effect that can be used to emulate shiny things (like making jewels sparkle)? If not, how do I accomplish this?
    Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Here is a thought, have a look at the September Xara Xone tutorial on digi-toons you could follow the steps to scan your hand drawing and use the bitmap tracer to convert the drawing to vectors. You could then easily delete the background, group your drawing and then apply your plug in effects.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Frances to the rescue! I thought of the bitmap tracer also but I don't usually have very good luck with it, except when making planets. That part I have figured out.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509