Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara Xtreme - Are there default settings for Units ?

Everythime when starting a new project I first go to 'Options' > 'Units' > 'Page units' and set it from 'Inch' to 'Pixels' is there a way to set this as default ?

Many thanks!

Note: I'm currently using the old free version Xtreme 5 Silver because lost the paid version after a system format and register code that didn't work anymore, perhaps of newer version there an easy setting for that, on this one I haven't found it yet.

Default Re: Xara Xtreme - Are there default settings for Units ?

Set the units on startup then save the file as a template and set the template as default template (small checkmark)
    Now it will open as expected

Hans

If you set your page rulers line thickness and whatever else you wish to customise and then go to FILE> SAVE TEMPLATE> then call your new template something memorable and click save. You can then if you wish have this new template as the default template that your programme opens with.
    Derek
    Didn't notice its already been answered.

Basically every new project means a new template. I'm more thinking of fixed settings for behaviour in general. Are there not any ?

No such general settings are available but the templates form a good solution because you can customize the settings for each different type of project and save them.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    No such general settings are available but the templates form a good solution because you can customize the settings for each different type of project and save them.
    Yes I understand but in this part of the world we know nothing about inches so it's somehow anoying to have to set it again for every project (5-10 per day)

Cheers

Xara products all start with a template. So just create the one template as wanted. Then once started, customize as desired. If needed, then save as another template for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Videodope.net View Post
    Yes I understand but in this part of the world we know nothing about inches so it's somehow anoying to have to set it again for every project (5-10 per day)

Cheers
    I too was like you and had the same views.

The first thing I do with a new version:
    I open a new page, set my settings as I want, then save that as template and ensure that the 'Use as default template' is ticked.
    Now. Whenever I open a new page, it has the setting I had set.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Videodope.net View Post
    I did not say that you have to adjust the settings for each project but for each different type of project. So, you only need to do this a limited number of times. Take a look at "Template document" under the "Index" tab in the Help file.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I did not say that you have to adjust the settings for each project but for each different type of project. So, you only need to do this a limited number of times. Take a look at "Template document" under the "Index" tab in the Help file.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    I too was like you and had the same views.

The first thing I do with a new version:
    I open a new page, set my settings as I want, then save that as template and ensure that the 'Use as default template' is ticked.
    Now. Whenever I open a new page, it has the setting I had set.

Cool, finally I understand this now!! (after many years of using Xara :')

Many thanks to everyone!