Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default animated gif not posting correctly on web site

Xara 3D7. I make an animated gif which has multiple pages. Works OK in the making and saving. When I save to my computer and post it to my yahoo flickr site, the image shows an end-on version of page one of the animation, not the usual frontal view of the lettering. Other 3D7 animations post fine (I do a lot) see second item on this page http://www.flickr.com/photos/macleaymac/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gif flickr.JPG 
Views:	278 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	99077

Anyone know what to do to correct this, thanks.?
    (if you want to see the anim on flickr, click the image which takes you to the main page. The anim is in the 1st comment below that)

Default Re: animated gif not posting correctly on web site

Does flickr support animated Gifs? And it looks like it might be a very large file.

Can you post the animation to a web page and then does it work?

For the most part I stay out of web questions ,but, sorry if I'm asking a stupid question, did you actually export (or save) the animation? I have had similar things happen because I thought I saved it (or exported I forget which), and it did but not the animation, which was a silly mistake on my part, but, when I actually saved(or exported) the animation everything was fine.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Does flickr support animated Gifs? And it looks like it might be a very large file.

Can you post the animation to a web page and then does it work?
    Thanks for the reply Gary. yes I have many (Xara) gif anims on the web pages of flickr. They work OK just that the static frame shows as uploaded here. Only seems to occur when I use multiple pages in the anim gif.

Thanks for the reply. I am very experienced with Xara programs. Yes I exported the anim and also saved it to my computer. See the note to Gary P. above.

Name:  10265611455_6e5d23a125_o.gif
Views: 198
Size:  685.2 KB

Just testing to see if this worked... from flickr