Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default 300 dpi used in 50-60 pages in designerpro

Hi, I was wondering does the new xarapro have a linked feature for placing 300 dpi images into a 50-60 pages? If not, is it even possible to have that many pages with those numbers of large size pictures? Just wanted to know if others have done such a thing. Also if possible, can a large document be divided into number of xara files and then exported as pdf and put together in adobe acrobat to make a large output for printers?

Default Re: 300 dpi used in 50-60 pages in designerpro

No linking like a page layout application. Which I would use for such a thing.

Yes, the PDFs can be assembled into a single PDF in Acrobat.

I create 100+ page, 300 ppi image PDFs in Xara all the time. Sometimes Xara has problems creating PDFs of greater than 10-15 pages if there's lots of high resolution images, so then I create 10-15 page PDFs, then import all the multiple page sections and assemble the whole as a full book document. I've created 13 products of 30 to 120 page books of high resolution quality as published PDF files - being sold online right now. I don't link the pages, I insert the actual pages into the Xara document.

Good to know. Thanks Gamerprinter, I would love to see them online, if you can send me the link on pm. Also what program did you use to assemble the pdf's?

On another note, I was hoping that the new product page/layout designer would have such a thing, but did not find that feature on xara's site.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Good to know. Thanks Gamerprinter, I would love to see them online, if you can send me the link on pm. Also what program did you use to assemble the pdf's?

On another note, I was hoping that the new product page/layout designer would have such a thing, but did not find that feature on xara's site.
    Acrobat Pro is what I use to assemble multiple PDFs into one large document.

Here's the most recent PDF product of mine I created using Xara, this is a Roleplaying Game supplement for my Kaidan setting of Japanese horror (PFRPG), kind of a mini-adventure mapped location that is 90+ pages long, it's called Haiku of Horror: Autumn Moon Bath House (it's not free, but only $2.99). I do have an older FREE product 29 pages long, but was created in XXP4, not the latest software: Frozen Wind.

Both of these are download versions, so the resolution is not really 300 ppi, but I also provide print versions of these publications, and those are prepared at 300 ppi, PDF/X1a with printer marks, some are POD printed, while some are short run printed.

That is great. Thank you for your input, it makes me happy to know I can accomplish the task at hand

I imagine the 64 bit version might address any problem in that area.

Marc