Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Auto Saving of JPGs

I produce a colour brochure of approx 30 pages containing photos & details of our latest special offers every 2 weeks in Xara Designer Pro X9 (which is by far the best software that I have used for this type of work).

As each page is completed, I save the document as a XAR file then export it as a JPG in 2 sizes, a large one for printing & a smaller one that will become a pdf file for emailing to our customers.

I am looking to make the process more efficient and was wondering if there was any way to automate the saving of the 3 files in varying formats and filenames?

I have looked on the forum but can find no mention of anything like this but maybe someone has a bright idea - maybe using an external program?

I have been looking at Graphics Converter Pro 2013 which converts XAR files to JPG but for some reason the resulting file is of very low quality.

TIA
    Wistian

Default Re: Auto Saving of JPGs

I do not know of any utility that converts .xar files to .jpegs but as you save each .xar page you can export its high-quality .jpeg copy to one folder. Using a utility, like PhotoRazor (free), you can batch resize all 30 .jpegs in one go and have a prefix added to the file name. Here is the download link: http://www.stormdance.net/software/p...20overview.htm

Of course, there are many more software options with more features but this one works, quick & dirty.

Why don't you create a multipage document with a single illustration/graphic per page, then export as a multipage PDF, so you won't have to export JPGs that get converted to PDF - just go PDF straight from Xara? You can export as a PDF download (96 ppi). After which you export to PDF as high quality 300 ppi image as PDF/X1a for print purposes. That way only have to do 2 export operations, and doing it for all your illustrations at the same time.

I do know there seems to be a limitation in Xara of 8-15 pages for hi-res PDF export. I export all the necessary 15 page sections, then reassemble them in Acrobat Pro - so I can create 100+ page PDFs.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try both methods and report back.