Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pasting into a Blank Photo document

I use this document type frequently because I like that there's no page. When I paste into a Blank Photo document, Xara always pastes at an absolute position. In other document types Xara pastes in the middle of the screen, wherever you happen to have panned to.

I suppose this is a bug?

Default Re: Pasting into a Blank Photo document

Stamps, the Paper size for the Blank photo template is Automatic.
    In my XPDX9 program, it automatically centres the photo and the photo defines the page size thereafter.
    It changes as you add new items or grow or shrink the existing one.

For templates with defined Paper sizes, the photo is put into an absolute position, centred on where you release the mouse.

I therefore think you have flipped the order of things but the logic Xara has applied is sensible.

Acorn

No, actually I said what I meant and Xara behaves as I said on my machine.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi Stamps, Welcome to Talkgraphics

As you have noticed the blank photo document works differently than a regular document. This is the way the program is intended to work. As acorn says the photo document is automatic (hence no size as you said) if your photo is a hi res image at say 4500px by 4000px that is what the size of your photo will be in the Xara photo document. With the other document types you start with a set page size (you can customize it) and as you noticed your photo is pasted in the center of the screen, or as Acorn describes if you are dragging a photo in from the designs gallery or an explorer window it will land where you drop it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.