Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Stuck Objects?

Default Stuck Objects?

I'm pretty new to Xara, so I have no idea what's going on. I've been building a website with one of the templates (Innovate, to be precise). I've had no problem grouping and moving other objects on the index page. However, the bottom left bubble/box that comes in the Innovate theme isn't really cooperating. The other three small bubbles and the larger center bubble all behaved and moved together when grouped. I've selected this one and grouped the box, the text, and the bar at top. Only the top bar and the text groups and moves. The background and the outline of the box don't move at all. I can't even select the box and outline on their own, with bar and text moved out of the way.

(I will say, one time I think it did sort of group. If I clicked and dragged on the bar to move the group, the bar and text would move together, and the box would move... to a random place, below and to the left of the rest of the group.)

Any idea what could be causing that? The outline and box are both on the MouseOff layer, which is unlocked. Thanks for the help. You're saving my computer from imminent danger.

Default Re: Stuck Objects?

I think I've got how to fix it- after too long spent trying and, of course, posting about it...

I selected "Unlock all on Page" from the right-click menu and that let me move it. Finally. Any advice on why that box and outline were literally the only things on the page I couldn't move?

Default Re: Stuck Objects?

I tried the Innovate website and found all boxes were movable on the index page. I guess that you inadvertently right-clicked some box elements and selected the respective "Lock" command from the context menu. When you ungroup a box, the background and outline remain as a group and when you right-click it, you will have "Lock group" and "Ungroup" as two of the command options. You may have taken one for the other...