Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Question: Combine Shapes>Intersect Shapes

Ok I'm assuming the heart is a single unjoined line. Select the heart/line and select the shape tool now you will see all the nodes along this unclosed shape select one and place the shape tool over it if a plus sign doesn't show up use the tab key to move to the next node, keep doing this until you get a plus sign. When you find the plus sign you've found the break just click it and it should join and your heart should fill.

Now to get the outline send the filled heart to the back and marquee select (click and drag) your heart and the 4 rectangles and hit Q on your keyboard. To adjust the line width on the heart and leave the rectangles as is right click this clipped group and select clipping shape. If you wish to alter the line width on the rectangles and not the heart you can choose cliiped objects.

As you are using DP9 you can use the replace colours function to change any colours in the group (line colours included)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Nice shield tutorial!

Frances I knew about the tab key but not about the + sign to identify the break. Useful bit of information that. Thanks.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by richinri View Post
    Nice shield tutorial!
    Thanks, rich.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

video Re: Question: Combine Shapes>Intersect Shapes

Here is a video tutorial that I did ages ago on the differences between the different 'shapes' functions. I know that your question is already answered, but this might help others.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.