Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Converting a pdf to .EPS

Hi,
    I need help converting a Word Document or PDF to a .EPS file in order for my text to be cut out by a sign shop. Can you tell me if any of the Xara products will do this, preferably one of the less expensive downloads. I use AutoCad for work but do not use or own Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw.
    Any other free conversion programs perhaps?

Thanks!
    Carol

Default Re: Converting a pdf to .EPS

I'm surprised that the sign shop can't handle PDF.
    In any case, you can download the trial of Designer Pro X9 and use it for 30 days. It will export to many formats, EPS included.

I'd find another sign shop. You are probably dealing with a place that is totally out of touch with post-1995 graphic art techniques. Today, PDFs are used for everything. Good luck!

Hello Carol,

Likely the sign will be vinyl? If so, they ought to be able to load a PDF themselves and edit it to their specs as long as you force the PDF to have outlined text and other elements. And as long as they remain vector.

The least expensive application I would suspect could do what you desire is Photo & Graphic Designer. I don't know if it can import the Word version, but can the PDF. Regardless, it can be designed in P&GD and output to PDF. Inside of P&GD, you should convert any text once finished into Editable Objects (a simple menu command). That way the sign shop does not need the fonts you use.

If this is a one-off project, I would be happy to do it for you for free, gratis, no cost. If you would like me to do so, let me know in this thread and we can arrange to exchange email addresses. As you do not have enough posts, I would put me email address in a reply for long enough for you to get it and then I'll remove it so I don't get some spam from the bots that crawl web sites.

Take care, Mike

There are loads of programmes that you can use out there and most are free: https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=...78.JpzS2B6YdRA

I use a Microsoft one which is plugin to Word but it's poor but there are good reviews about Primo.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Try with zamzar they might have pdf to eps coverter online