Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 30 percent discount for standard but not for loyal Pro users.

I just got an email saying that there was a 30 percent discount for everyone upgrading from the non-pro versions but when I go to look people that own the Pro versions are getting the same price upgrade as the lesser versions, way to screw your loyal long-time customers Xara, great job!

Default Re: 30 percent discount for standard but not for loyal Pro users.

Doesn't look that way to me.
    Upgrade discount for current Pro license owners is significantly more than 30% (over 50% in fact: $299 regular price of DPX9 - $139 upgrade price for current Pro users)
    The normal price of an upgrade for non-pro users is $199, this isn't the normal price of Pro full.

Special Offer: 30% off upgrades from Photo & Graphic Designer, Page & Layout Designer, Web Designer Premium. Ends 30th September 2013. Offer price is shown on the right (normal price $199).

Yes and if you click on any of the links that say special offer the price is $139 for users of the standard products, so they are paying the same price as what I would pay upgrading from pro. Can you not see this.

http://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/...e/?mkcode=8089

sgiff, you're right. Those poor devils that haven't bought the pro software already shouldn't pay the same price for the upgrade as pro users.

They've put up with a lesser product so they should definitely pay less to compensate for the time they've been missing out and encourage them to do the right thing and upgrade.

Good spot.

Quote Originally Posted by sgiff View Post
    Can you not see this.
    I don't get you.
    So you're saying that Xara offering a bonus discount to non-Pro users in order to tempt them to upgrade and become pro users is somehow screwing you over?
    Weird logic indeed..
    Personally I think it's a cool marketing step and I'm happy for any non-pro user to join the ranks of users of the flagship application.

For some people the bottle is half full, for others it is half empty. It's those that don't drink that are getting screwed.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I don't get you.
    So you're saying that Xara offering a bonus discount to non-Pro users in order to tempt them to upgrade and become pro users is somehow screwing you over?
    Weird logic indeed..
    Personally I think it's a cool marketing step and I'm happy for any non-pro user to join the ranks of users of the flagship application.
    Hmm, no my logic is perfectly reasonable. Seems to me your fan boy perspective is what it's clouding your perspective, as to the other guy, Paul.. your argument is no different. Only works for Xara, doesn't work for me, sorry.
    Last edited by sgiff; 29 September 2013 at 12:29 PM. Reason: typos

Besides, I really have no problem with Xara running a promotion like this to convince users to upgrade to Pro. But as as user of the Pro version from day one, just give me the same discount, see the difference, but what they did is not cool, period.
    Last edited by sgiff; 29 September 2013 at 12:45 PM. Reason: on mobile, typos

sgiff, I my point was rather tongue-in-cheek. I agree with sledger and BF.

Take the discount offered. The fact that other owners get the same doesn't make your discount any less and helps Xara stay in business.

It's rather churlish to want someone else's discount to be reduced.
    Last edited by pauland; 29 September 2013 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks, but again like a politician you don't actually interpret my point at all correctly so, whatever, I could restate it 10 times and you would still twist it into a false interpretation, I don't care if they give an incentive that's 100 percent off, just give me a loyal purchaser of the Pro version the same discount,. That's fair, reasonable and the right thing to do, anything else is an insult.