Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default problem since update

I don't know if it is the update or not but every time I fill a rectangle with noise and create a bitmap copy and try to erase the white with Medhi eraser classic XP&GD and XDPX now stops working. I have tried this over and over with the same result, or should I say lack of a result? All I am trying to do is make a star field. This is the same basic method I used before to create animated snow.. Anyone have any ideas?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: problem since update

Hi Please can you share a xar file containing the rectangle with noise and the bitmap copy?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    Hi Please can you share a xar file containing the rectangle with noise and the bitmap copy?

Thanks
    Here ya go. No matter what I try it shuts down my program, both XDPX and XP&GD9. The red outline is merely so you can see where it is.

noise.xar
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi, no crash here for me. I presume you don't have a general problem when using the live effects? Which OS are you working on?

Just out of interest I also tried this another way. I selected your bitmap and used the color erase tool and removed the white with just one click.

Thanks for looking at that. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program but that made no difference. I'll try the color erase that sounds like a good idea. I am using windows 7 home premium. I had been using the method described on several projects with great success until this time. Now it just won't work. I wonder if it something I recently installed that is causing a conflict of some kind. Anyway, Thank you.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

For whatever it is worth I tried the same eraser once and it locked up the program tight. Other times...no problem.

Thanks, it would be good if we could track this down.I tried in PGD as well but no luck. At what stage does it lock up? entering the mehdi tool? whilst using the tool? when clicking on Ok from the tool?

I am using PGD9 but it is happenig in XDPX as well now. When I create the noise bitmap then go to medhi eraser classic the computer thinks about it for a couple seconds then shuts down the the program. Your color erase works well, and I thank you for that idea. It just bugs me that I cannot do that now since I had figured out a method doing that to make animated snow and it worked like a charm.
    Here is one example. http://www.talkgraphics.com/attachme...3&d=1292382449 I would like to figure out why I can no longer use that method even though I had learned and refined it since then.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509