Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Youtube Could you make a youtube intro video using Xara?

Hey Guys, you have been super helpful in the past, I am hoping myself to start giving back and helping others as my knowledge grows. I am wondering if someone has, or if Xara could be used to create a youtube intro video. I am looking to start a youtube channel, and haven't really found a way to create a cool intro video. I have never used flash or any of the animation features on Xara. I have been looking at windows movie maker, but it does a terrible job using my .png logo. Any suggestions would be great, for some reason I could maybe see Xara being able to handle this with a flash video? not sure how I could import cool FX. Any help would be appreciated thank you kindly again.

Marce.
    Last edited by marcelrobi; 19 September 2013 at 02:52 AM. Reason: spelling error

Default Re: Could you make a youtube intro video using Xara?

No.
    Designer Pro X or P&GD do not have any means of importing video effects or adding audio. It's just a simple animation tweener, not a video editor.
    Neither does Designer export to flash video (.flv), only .swf or .avi

You can create your graphics using Designer software then use something like MAGIX Movie edit pro

I think Angelize (Frances) uses Fastone capture to do hers. Not at all sure though.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Yes, Faststone Capture is good for screen tutorials, but it's not a video editor and has no facility to overdub audio or video effects, it just capture screen action and voice audio.
    For that you need to further process the captured video in a video editor as suggested.
    Magix is quite cheap and quite powerful, but VideoPad has a limited free version which can often do the job.

Designer Pro can create your graphic overlays and even scrolling end credits which you'd save out as .avi then import into your video editor.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Yes I use FastStone Capture to do a screen recording while I run a full screen preview of a Xara presentation. You could possibly create an animation in Xara and preview it and capture it with a screen recorder however I do use a video editor as well. Steve is correct that Xara can not do this on it's own, but it can be done without spending a huge amount of money.
    FastStone capture is about 20.00 CAD and as Steve mentioned you can use a limited free version of video pad. I use the free version for my video tutorials.

Here is a trailer I recently did for my Channel. I ran my presentation full screen and used the arrow keys on my keyboard to progress through the presentation steps. I did the audio as I went and used a video editor (I used Video Pad) afterward to remove some pauses.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I love Faststone's image viewer also.

Thanks guys, I will check it out!