What is going on with the sales department?

In 2 Sept. 2013 I purchased the Designer pro X9 and Magix Music Maker 2013 Premium and in 16 Sept the packet finally arrived, but with a big disappointment. While everything was listed in the invoice, inside the packet was only the Xara Designer pro X9 and the manual. I don't know where are the “more than 60 Live Effects plug-ins, more than 3000 images including clipart, example illustrations and template graphics, 200 photos, 500 textures, 250 Truetype and PostScript fonts” when the DVD has only the program and a 68mb addon ! Is all that downloadable ? (I have avoided to install anything yet -in case they are included in the program itself).

NOTHING about “Magix Music Maker 2013 Premium” and the rest !!! (bonus Content)

Almost three days have passed from the email to sales support, and the ticket was set to critical state, sent to the department of sales, without any response. There was nobody to say at least “we are currently looking at it and in about two or three days you'll have an answer”.
I am very annoyed and disappointed, I began with a very positive mood for the Designer and the Xara software and now you have destroyed everything -if that's the level of support.

I hope someone here will give me a hint about what has happened, -perhaps its my fault, I don't know!