Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default photo and graphic designer on windows rt?

hi,can i run the above on surface rt or will i have to buy the pro /pro 2 or sony tap 11?

Default Re: photo and graphic designer on windows rt?

Hello Darren and welcome to TalkGraphics

I don't know the answer to your question, but you can get a free 30-day trial by going to www.xara.com, so why not give that a go and see if it works?

Then you can report back with your findings!
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Sorry, the answer is "No".

None of the Xara Designer range of products run on Windows RT at the time of writing.

Phil

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

As the Surface Pro runs a full version of Windows 8 Xara programs might run on that. It's something that I would love to test, but currently I can't afford to layout the bucks for a Surface Pro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I don't have Photo and Graphics Designer because I use Designer Pro. I haven't installed Designer Pro on my Surface Pro because I already have it installed on my primary desktop machine and this, my aging knock-around laptop. I don't think the license allows me to install on more than two machines.

But I doubt you'll have any problem running Xara apps on the Surface Pro. The desktop mainstays I've installed so far (Corel Technical Suite X6; FileMaker Pro Advanced) work fine on it.

I know it's twice the money, but I'd highly recommend the Surface Pro. I have no interest in a "tablet only" tablet that doesn't let me run the desktop apps I want. That's what's kept me disinterested in iOS devices all along, except as a deployment tool for FileMaker Go solutions.

The Surface Pro Pen (for the Pro only; not for the RT) is not just a capacitive stylus like is used on iOS, Kindles, and other touchscreen devices; it's an actual Wacom technology stylus, so it works with the pressure-sensitivity features of graphics programs. Sketching on the Surface Pro is much like sketching on a Wacom Cintiq. That's a significant difference for graphics people.

JET

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Oh that sounds interesting! Now it's made me really wish I could afford a surface pro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

There are other and cheaper alternative's:

First of all there are multiple Tablet PC's that have been produced in the last 10 yeras. You might find them on second hand sites or sites like eBay or Amazon. Models that spring to my mind ar the Toshiba's Portege M series (which I have used lately) like tho M200, M400 and M700, The Dell XPS's, Lenove Thinkpad X201, X61, and so on. They run Windows XP tablet edition, Windows 7 or even Windows 8.

Newer tablets that attracted some attention these days because they come preloaded with W8 are:
    lenove x230t 12.5" Multitouch HD 300 NIT Wide-Viewing (IPS) Panel (1366x768) + 12hrs accu
    lenovo helix 11.6" 1920x1080
    toshiba wt310
    Sony VAIO Duo 13 8hrs
    dell xps11
    I mention these because I'm looking for a new tablet to replace my venerable M700 and these models have Wacom hardware or at least a pressure sensitive stylus (N-trig)

My Dell XPS-18 is a tablet running Windows 8 and Xara progs work great on it.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Looks very nice, indeed, but has no Stylus and no pressure sensitivity. Once you're accustomed to it you'll never want anything else ... Call me spoiled...

thankyou for the replies. i have not committed to the surface pro yet as the pro 2 is coming in a month. im ditching my mackbook pro retina as i hate it. i loved my iPad with idraw (whch i sold in favor of this macbook which i regret now) i wont go into why i hate the macbook but would like to go back to windows,unless the ipad 5 is less restricting, which i doubt it will be, as cant do kids homework on certain sites .