Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default September 2013 Giveaway - The Dirty Dozen: 12 Grungy Seamless Tiling Textures

The Dirty Dozen – 12 Seamless Textures

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SeptGiveawayMainImage.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	98599

Call it an Autumn Harvest, or a celebration of the season, or a Cornucopia of Digital Media. Or call that all a load of rubbish! Gary has created and assembled a dozen earthy, visually intricate textures that can be used from anything to putting a hide on an elephant (so how do you hide an elephant?), to tiling pearls, to banded stone. They’re fun, they’re free this month; download the zip archive, direct the Fill Gallery to where you saved the files, and remember: Pride doesn’t goeth before the Fall. Textures do.

Get'um 12 seamless tiling textures, great for filling in vegetation or other outdoorsy areas in your fantastic Xara drawing
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: September 2013 Giveaway - The Dirty Dozen: 12 Grungy Seamless Tiling Textures

Cool! Thanks Gary
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: September 2013 Giveaway - The Dirty Dozen: 12 Grungy Seamless Tiling Textures

Those look nice Gare.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Cheers Gary, Ace textures

Stygg

Probably three or four times a year I'll resort to giving away seamless tiling textures if I can't think of a brush, font, or template!

I'll try to keep to a theme in the future, such as wood, or just organic stuff such as stones, grass, and so on. In addition to Filter Factory, I've got some legacy programs that produce nice stuff.

By the way, the Monthly tutorial, written not video, is being coded by the Admin right now and should be up in a few hours. Rik Datta is the star this month, and I'm providing a simple tips and tricks tutorial.

My Best,
    Gary

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Cool! I look forward to the new tutorials
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I downloaded the textures then went to the fill gallery to point to them. Got a indexing message, said ok, then got a message that there was nothing to index in the files — using Designer Pro X9 — I'm sure I'm doing something wrong ... and ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Mickie—

I have an idea that your browser dialog isn't "in" the target folder, that you're one folder up and therefore the program isn't indexing the intended textures folder but instead one level up in your hard drive directory.

Because I've done that several times!

1. Pop the zip archive into a unique folder. In the screen snag I'm going to show in this post, I have a folder called "for Xara Xone" inside a folder on my Desktop named "NuTextures".

2. In Xara Designer 9 (and previous versions), open the Fill Gallery (Shift+F11, I think). Click Disc Fills on the bottom row of wide buttons.

3. Now, find your folder and then double-click it so you're inside the folder, as I'm showing in this screen snag.

Name:	in folder.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	100135

4. Click Add, say "yeah, yeah" to the box that tells you a phenomenal amount of hard disk space will be used to create thumbnails (like 200K. Guys? Lose this box!).

5. Now, the entry should appear on the Fill Gallery list. You double-click the folder icon to expand its contents, life is good.

Name:	accessing fills.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	100136

Let me know how (or if) this works for you, okay? Because if not, we have a larger problem.

My Best,

Gary

It does work but it seems as if there are no files in there as per your screenshot Gary [which is wrong and weird ... has always done this] and it then produces a pop-up saying that there is no index and do you want one.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

John, you got the gist of my post in your first sentence..."It does work". I'm answering a member's question, Mickie asked if he was doing anything wrong and I'm troubleshooting here. The useless Index d'box I listed as step 4, above.

I tried this again and deleted the XaraInfo files, and did this in version 6 as well as version 9, and there are no files listed within the target folder in either version, man.

I guess I have a special copy of Xara, huh?

My Best,

Gary