Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Designer Pro X 9 no 64 Bit plugins?

Cool, let's hope they tell Xara before the end of October

Quote Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
    I just got the Info, that Designer Pro X 9 64 Bit will be 64 Bit Plugins compatible somewhat at end of October.

Ah, but not 32-bit plugins compatible.
    There is no way 32-bit plugins will run in a 64-bit application, they weren't designed to.
    :-)
    Grenou

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

> I just got the Info, that Designer Pro X 9 64 Bit will be 64 Bit Plugins compatible somewhat at end of October.

Sorry, but this is incorrect, so whoever told you that was mistaken. We have no plans to add support for 64bit plug-ins for V9. If there is large demand for 64bit plug-in support, we could consider adding this for a future release, but my understanding is that given the many more 32bit plug-ins available, support for 32bit plug-ins would be considered by most users to be more important. And on that subject we are looking at a possible solution to make 32bit plug-ins work with the 64bit versions of Designer. But I can't say at this stage if or when this would be released as a V9 update.

Sorry for the cooling of expectations!

Regards,

Neil

Xara

Quote Originally Posted by NeilH View Post
    > I just got the Info, that Designer Pro X 9 64 Bit will be 64 Bit Plugins compatible somewhat at end of October.

Sorry, but this is incorrect, so whoever told you that was mistaken. We have no plans to add support for 64bit plug-ins for V9. If there is large demand for 64bit plug-in support, we could consider adding this for a future release, but my understanding is that given the many more 32bit plug-ins available, support for 32bit plug-ins would be considered by most users to be more important. And on that subject we are looking at a possible solution to make 32bit plug-ins work with the 64bit versions of Designer. But I can't say at this stage if or when this would be released as a V9 update.

Sorry for the cooling of expectations!

Regards,

Neil

Xara
    Oh, , but who else should know it if not you?.

BTW. i found this on http://www.xara.com/eu/designer-pro/advanced/

"(Note: many Photoshop plugins are 32 bit, and they will not work in the 64 bit version of Designer Pro)."

That is missleading in some way, or? I thought, 64 bit plugins will work, when reading this.