Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Designer Pro X 9 no 64 Bit plugins?

Hi,

i am just testing Designer Pro X 9 (have Pro X) and when trying to locate PS Plugin folder, i get the window "currently no 64Bit (8bf) support" "choose the 32Bit Version". I have Av. Bros. plugins, which are also available in 64 Bit.

Does anybody have infos, if this will be implemented in the future?

Default Re: Designer Pro X 9 no 64 Bit plugins?

64bit plugins are not yet supported (sorry, I don't know why)

thanks for your reply,

i have the german versions of (Magix) Designer Pro X and Demo of Pro X9. Unfortunately all the other plugins which came with Pro X (Mehdi, Redfield),
    are not available in the FX Menü, although they have been installed in C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X9\Xara Picture Editor\PSplug-ins.

Thats not so cool, releasing a 64 Bit Application, that isn't compatible with 64Bit plugs. So i wait for the upgrade.

Pro X (ver 8) is 32-bit. Its plugins do not work with the 64-bit Pro X (ver 9).

Yes, the OP is aware of this. He is explaining that with the 64bit DPX9 installation comes;

• AV Bros Page Curl
    • Medhi set: 'eraser classic/fur/grain natural/hslplus/melt'
    • Redfield set: 'Craquelure/Jama3D/LatticeComposer/SeamlessWorkshop/WaterRipples'

All of which are 32bit plugins, which are as useless as teats on a bull with the 64bit version, so it's pointless that they are included.
    Additionally, DPX9 64bit will not host 64bit plugins if you have them. Again, this is strange - because other than access to greater than 4Gb system memory for websites which include lot's of digital photography at two resolutions (standard and retina) in order to avoid the dreaded OOM, one would have hoped that the ability to work with large res bitmaps that can be loaded and have plugin filter effects applied would also benefit from access to the extra memory. Clearly not the case this time around.
    As welcome as it is, it appears that the 64bit version is par-baked.

The Fx menu button is new to v9, v8 and older it used the plug icon.

I would assume the installation is just not distinguishing between the 64-bit and 32-bit installations and plops them into the folder regardless of which-bit installation.

RE 64-bit. Xara has the opportunity to remove the mem barrier--and the artificial size limitation. I am not holding out hope either gets sorted. I can actually output a larger file in v.7 than I can in v.9. Good thing I have CD installed. I have more trade banners to do over the next month.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    I would assume the installation is just not distinguishing between the 64-bit and 32-bit installations and plops them into the folder regardless of which-bit installation.
    Thing is, the 64bit installation and sub folders (which include the 32bit filters mentioned) are in a completely different program files path to 32bit installations.
    Besides, if you have only download the 64bit version from xara.com then it's fairly logical to assume that there is a clear distinction for the application compilers.

the artificial size limitation
    I agree, it's unfathomable that we are still knobbled by this restriction

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Thing is, the 64bit installation and sub folders (which include the 32bit filters mentioned) are in a completely different program files path to 32bit installations.
    Besides, if you have only download the 64bit version from xara.com then it's fairly logical to assume that there is a clear distinction for the application compilers.

I agree, it's unfathomable that we are still knobbled by this restriction
    I just got the Info, that Designer Pro X 9 64 Bit will be 64 Bit Plugins compatible somewhat at end of October.

Yes? From whom?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yes? From whom?
    i asked Magix, if they plan to implement 64Bit plugins support in Designer X 9 64Bit in the near future.