Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Internal Program Error 1621.K.No.ar

Has anyone had any experience with a very annoying error "Internal Program Error 1621.K.No.ar " that continues to plague me every time I try to duplicate a page?

I'm nearing the end of developing the site and this recent annoyance is driving me mad. I have to close Xara, re-open it and then I can duplicate a page. It's happening at around page 134 and as I said,...I can't understand why this would start up all of a sudden and continue to haunt me as I try to finish this site up.

Thanks for any help that anyone can offer here.

Default Re: Internal Program Error 1621.K.No.ar

just to add to my previous message....

I cannot publish the site due to this error (Access Violation Exception 0x033100C5) that starts at around 25% AND I also cannot export the site due to this error (Access Violation Exception 0x044800C5) which I also get at around 25% ....

I have shut down the PCs and rebooted both to no avail.....I have optimized all images (against my will) and that did not help.
    Again,..I can save the file,..just not publish or export via Xara. (I'm using Xara WD9 PREMIUM) Unfortunately I'm basically crippled without this functionality.

I also cannot preview the website, but I can preview individual pages.
    I'm using XWD9 Premium version 9.0.2 May 2013

I'm kind of lost now.....I will try and use Filezilla to publish the saved files.

Unless you are misspeaking, you cannot publish a saved file. You need to use Export Website and the export to a folder naming your site index.htm or index.html. This will create the entire website in the folder. After you have done this you can open the index.htm(l) page in a browser to verify that everything is OK before you upload the files to your web host.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Unless you are misspeaking, you cannot publish a saved file. You need to use Export Website and the export to a folder naming your site index.htm or index.html. This will create the entire website in the folder. After you have done this you can open the index.htm(l) page in a browser to verify that everything is OK before you upload the files to your web host.
    Well,..what I meant was that I cannot export the file, nor can I use the publish feature for publishing directly to an ftp.
    Either way I get an Access Violation error.

The site alone is apparently 552MB. The saved file is 25MB.

I really don't know what else to do and Xara support is very slow. What a bad fix.

I tried to install WebDesigner9Premium (my paid copy) to my son's faster PC,..but naturally it tells me that I have exceeded the limit for usage. So.....I try and call the international number that they provide and it is dead.

WOW!

I suggest you split your site into several .web files.
    2Gb system memory (RAM) is likely a large contributing factor to your problems.

I tried to install WebDesigner9Premium (my paid copy)
    You pay for the license to use the software, the EULA gives you the conditions under which the license may be transferred.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I suggest you split your site into several .web files.
    2Gb system memory (RAM) is likely a large contributing factor to your problems.

You pay for the license to use the software, the EULA gives you the conditions under which the license may be transferred.
    Sledge,...
    OK,...I'm scared here,.....please tell me that this might work.
    I take my File (the site) and (for example,..it has 139 pages and in 6 sections)
    and open the file,...retain the first 56 pages (sections 1 & 2) and remove the rest of the pages.
    THEN export those 56 pages out to a folder.

Then basically "undo" the deletion of those other pages....
    ....and this time retain sections 3 & 4 and delete the first 56 pages (which made up sections 1 & 2 from before) and then export those out to a folder.

and do this again for the last 2 sections.

My concern here is this:
    If I do this,....Xara wants to create an index file every time it exports out the site, so I will end up with 3 different index files. Can I then go back in and rename the last two index files back to what the pages should be called?
    THEN combine all of these files into one folder?

Would this work?

One other concern is that the site obviously has a NAV bar that repeats on every page and links the site sections and pages. Will they be ok if the sections are exported out like I mentioned? Will the Nav work seamlessly once I combine the exported files back at the end?

man,...I bet I'm confusing everyone here.

It's been a really crappy day and I have seen my job slipping out of my hands because of this.

This method is how I have proceeded in the past which works perfectly fine.

Save a copy of your web designer file (please don't call it 'Xara', that's the company name - use the name of the software title 'Web Designer' or as you have earlier, WD9, then I know which app you are using. Check you have added this to your member profile too, it helps helpers help you )
    Open the copy of your .web

Remove the first two sections
    Save as part3.web

Open the copy again and remove the first and third sections
    Save as part2.web

Open the copy once more and remove the second and third sections
    Save as part1.web

Export part1.web to a folder on your desktop named 'site-copy'
    The first page of the first page name will be (by default) index.htm and the site assets will be written to a sub folder named index_htm_files.

Export part2.web to the same folder named 'site-copy' but in the export dialogue page name rename the page to the same name it has when part of the 139 page .web file (as entered in web properties>>Page>>Page file name).
    Web Designer (or Designer Pro) may complain about it - but ignore it and rename anyway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-09-12_103553.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	98534

Do the same for part2.web and part3.web .
    Once all files have been exported, upload the entire contents of the 'site-copy' folder to your host using FileZilla FTP client.

The long standing problem with Xara Web Designer and Designer Pro is that sites with lots of pages which may contain lot's of bulky images (optimized or not) means that a computer low on system resources will often just fall over and error out.
    You see, 139 pages full of images will while open in Web Designer or Designer Pro be in an uncompressed state (as it must be), so exporting/publishing requires that your system has the processing resources to deal with everything on those pages while they are passed to the HTMLfilter.dll for conversion to a web site. If you have included any effects and transitions, these will require more resources.

Of course, another possibility which would compound the issue is that one of your RAM modules (DIMM) is faulty.

Does this help any?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	site_layout_example.png 
Views:	173 
Size:	137.7 KB 
ID:	98535
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

OK,....I know I've learned A LOT from you guys here and I just wanted say thank you. I know it seems like when folks have an issue,...they get advice and then vanish without letting anyone know how it went or what the solution was.

Well,....basically I added more RAM to the laptop,....and that allowed me to go back in and break the web file up into sections and save each section independently in different folders. I was then able to export each section (web file) to one big folder (that being the same folder for all sections to be housed)

Ironically,...WebDesigner had no issue with renaming the various section index files to their appropriate page names. This was great! My other concern was the Navigational Bar at the top of the site. When I broke these pages up, would the links still work? Yes. They worked flawlessly. Web Designer seemed to adjust the links accordingly during the break up of the sections.

After this point, I then imported ALL of the files that were housed in the one large master folder into the customer's Sharepoint Site using Sharepoint Designer as the catalyst. Again, it worked. I had to do it in smaller chunks, but it worked nevertheless.

I used an "iframe" in Sharepoint as a webpart and linked up to the one index file that WebDesigner created. BINGO. Done.

So, Moving forward, if I see that my next site project is going to be another BEAST, how would I best go about creating the Nav bar if I'm building the site in separate sections?

Example: Section 1 gets built in a separate web file. It contains a Nav Bar that I want to obviously carry through the entire site which will comprise of 5 sections.

If I create Section 2 in another web file,...how do I type the link addresses in the Section 1 navbar menu to this section and beyond? Is there a way to tell it to link up to these pages regardless if I'm building it separately?

I'm assuming there has to be a way since when I broke the huge web file up in this last project, the links were retained somehow.

Thanks again to ALL of you guys and gals that helped me through this!

Todd

Have a look at the image I posted, linking examples are given there
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64