Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Features that I miss! But I might just have missed them? (Guestbook, contactform, cou

Xara is an absolutely fantastic program, no doubt about it.
    However, there are some features and capabilities that I miss.
    Some kind of guestbook, a sensible "in-touch-gadget" and of course a working function to record the number of visitors to the page.

Are these features in Xara today? I've completely missed them.

How do I get to these opportunities? If it is not possible, I may abandon Xara and return to WordPress.
    Too bad, because otherwise I have already been somewhat spoiled and lazy by this program.

There are things to consider before version 10.
    Today people through the use of all social media, accustomed to and appreciate the interactivity and two-way communication.

There is great value if such opportunities in the future was directly incorporated into Xara.

I am grateful for all tips and answers.

Have a wonderful day! / / Örjan

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Features that I miss! But I might just have missed them? (Guestbook, contactform,

A third party guest book could be easily added via a placeholder. I'm not sure what you mean by an in touch gadget but if you are meaning some sort of chat or comment function there are lots available that could be integrated via placeholders. There are also social media plugins in the Designs gallery. The simplest way to record the number of visitors to your page (and a whole lot more useful information) is to use Google Analytics you copy the code from google and paste into the area on the Analytics tab of the web properties panel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Features that I miss! But I might just have missed them? (Guestbook, contactform,

Hallo!

And Thank you very much, angelize for a quick answer.

I'm not particularly fond of Google. Their view of privacy bothers me.
    It's also why I'm reluctant to use third party software.
    For my part, and out of respect for my visitors.

I would much rather see those functions I desired as an integral part of Xara.

I prefer to use WordPress if I have to use third party software with Xara.

Best regards // Örjan

Hello Örjan - Welcome to TalkGraphics

Xara's philosophy is to create a powerful, easy to use program for intuitively creating a website.

But rather than try to be all things to all users, they make it easy to incorporate third part widgets and scripts so the user is free to pick the best solution.

There are hundreds, thousands of paid and free website tracking devices. But like them or not, Google Analytics is the best. It's free and so there are privacy issues. But these mainly deal with Google using the analytical material to better define their ads. It's a trade off.

There are similar products to Google but they are not free.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Hello Örjan - Welcome to TalkGraphics

Xara's philosophy is to create a powerful, easy to use program for intuitively creating a website.
    Hello again and first, thanks for the welcome!

Then: I understand and I respect that, gwpriester.

That I stumbled across Xara due to the fact that I sought some form of live editing on the computer for WordPress.

Again, Xara is completely sovereign good and wonderfully easy to use, but not quite my cup of tea.

Many warm greetings. / / Örjan