Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New To xara 3d..

Ok so im new to this site and to xara 3d, my question is i have a logo how do i open it in xara 3d. when i click open it dont show up assuming cause its a png image..

Default Re: New To xara 3d..

I think you need a vector shape to paste in X3D. You could download XP&GD trial from xara.com to help with that. when and if you do that you can import your photo or whatever into the program and then paste that into your X3D. This will give you a shape with no image on it. From there you need to apply the image as a texture. If you need a tutorial let me know.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Being im new yes id love all the help i could get so id love a tut, also would u happen to have a link to the XP&GD trial? i went 2 the site but couldent find it.

Here is a link to the trials. If you like it you can buy it.

http://www.xara.com/us/photo-graphic...Fe4-MgodxjUAUg

The trial may only last for 15 days and you will notice that there is a 3D button on the toolbar but does not have all the features as does X3D/
    I was just thinking, I don't know what you are wanting to do, but an easy way to get shapes into X 3D Maker or X3D(any version) would be to download a dingbat font or fonts then find the shape you want and texture it with your image. Mostly just play with the program and see what you can do. I'll still put together a tutorial for you if you still want it, just let me know.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

pretty much i have a logo that id like to spin, i can link a image if it helps.

If you'd like me to do it for you just post me the image and I'll do it for €25

Here's a detailed tutorial : http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?39188-Detailed-Spinning-Logo

If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

@wizard509- of course id still like a tut i was able to download the other program just getting a feel for it.

@BigFrank- really aint got money to pay even though that would be easier, but ill have to try and figure it out. thx though

Pr0ph3cy post your logo so we can see what needs to be done.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ML-Logo2.png 
Views:	232 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	98490

here is your shape and your logo cut out. I don't want to do the whole thing for you and deprive you of the fun, but you still need to apply the cutout to the black shape as a texture. Animate it any way you wish or not. then export the finished animation. Play around with the lights, maybe the extrusion and the bevels until you get what you want. This is not a tutorial but I hope it helps. If you need any further help post what you did and just ask. You may have to fiddle with the size and placement to make it fit properly. That is done in the texture options.

This is your shape
    here is your shape.X3D

This is your logo cut out
    Name:  lm.png
Views: 263
Size:  5.3 KB
    Larry a.k.a wizard509