Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Now what???

Oh please help!! Yesterday I downloaded a free 30 day trial version of XaraX....I've played with the tools, scanned "Help", and now want to "do" something. Any suggestions, any beginners tutorials, anything at all.....will be appreciated. Thanxs..........Joey

Oh please help!! Yesterday I downloaded a free 30 day trial version of XaraX....I've played with the tools, scanned "Help", and now want to "do" something. Any suggestions, any beginners tutorials, anything at all.....will be appreciated. Thanxs..........Joey

tutorials?
    Gary has spent a lot of time on this. Check here.
    http://www.xaraxone.com/html/2001.html
    All you need to know is here in the forums or at the Xaraxone. Thanks gary!
    http://www.xaraxone.com/index.htm
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

The above website will give you Gary's tutorials, his webxealot overview of XaraX, tips and tricks, etcetera. That will keep you busy for your 30 day trial. Then when you decide to buy it, the CD comes with a movie-CD that takes you visually through a series of XaraX tutorials. (IMO, XaraXone is a massive extension of those. Plus it has a link to the Talkgraphics XaraX conferences -this site right here - where you will learn more and more). I pity the poor owner of XaraX who doesn't know about this site and the XaraXone.

Hi Joey,

Glad to see you here in the Xara forum. I love the portrait you posted in the Painter forum. Bruce and Deb have pointed you to the best source of tutorials and Xara info.

For anyone that doesn't frequent the Painter forum, you can see Joey's work here.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Soquili on August 11, 2001 at 22:01.]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Yea, I never could figure out how to work graphic programs. I've always had PSP and Micrograpx Draw, but I never really knew their potential, so all I ever did was cut and paste.

My artistic abilities are, to boast, very limited, but I wanted to learn anyway. I downloaded XARA and then found this site. This site is what makes XARA worth the money, then more. I can actually create simple drawings and cool effects, but there is ever so much more to learn.

I am waiting for the talent to hit (I heard it does hit some in old age) then, with this XARA knowledge, I can put out stuff as wonderful as some of you other guys.

http://www.deltamoon.addr.com/deltaplate.gif