Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default A bit confused: Content aware photo resize tool

Page 287 of the DPX9 manual refers to a Content Aware Photo Resize tool that is available in the Button palette window. It also says this button is not shown by default. But I see a button with that name on the Photo Tools flyout.

Page 288 shows a C A SCALING Button which looks amazingly like the button mentioned above. Are there two buttons or does one button do all? The manual suggests resizing and scaling to be quite different, with different buttons, one of which I can't find, sort of.

Any clarification would be appreciated.http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/s...smiley-eek.png

Default Re: A bit confused: Content aware photo resize tool

Interesting that you found the information on the Content Aware Photo Resize tool on pages 287 and 288 of your DPX9 manual; I found this information on page 333 etc.

I also found the CAPR-tool on the photo toolbar. Fortunately, I would say because it is a useful tool for making, for instance, banners. Interestingly, the tool is also shown on the image of the photo toolbar in both the help file and the manual. Again, I hope Xara also keeps it there in the future.

The terms Content Aware Photo Resizing and Content Aware Photo Scaling are used interchangeably in the manual/help file and really refer to the same tool. It is a bit confusing.

I looked into this and as far as I can tell they are one and the same content aware tool.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Glad I'm not the only one confused. Perhaps Xara can look into correcting the confusion. I realize it hard to verify all the details in the manual.

As a side note, the 'manual' page numbers mentioned above seem to differ due to the fact that the information does appear on different pages depending on whether you are using the official printed manual or the .pdf file that comes with the download.

Bob

OMG! Someone reads manuals???

Yep, we do. (At least sometimes. )

I definitely do. I find the plot a bit hard to follow at times but I usually get the gist of the story. The really odd part is that I often return to the manual and things that weren't clear often snap into focus. Call me old-fashioned but I like the feel of paper in my hands! PDFs just don't have the same quality.