Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Strange behavior when importing screenshots

Hello,

since version 9, I see a strange behavior when importing screenshots. Let me explain: I make a screenshot from an email. It has 96 dpi and 675 px wide and 11107 px height.

I do now import this via drag n drop into Xara and it always changes resolution. The final pictutre is changed to 110 px wide instead of 67 px. (even at 100% scaling!). When I now resize the screenshot to what it should be (675 px) it makes me resolution down to 10 dpi with very bad quality.

I can do what I want in seetings (as you know there are 3 otions how to handle imported pictures).

I have also an older version from Xara xtreme pro 5 which does NOT have this strange behavior. There I import my screenshot via drag n drop and it has then the right format (675 wide) and resolution 96 dpi.

Can anybody explain this to me or has something changed?

TomTom

Default Re: Strange behavior when importing screenshots

There is a default size of imported images. You can change the default in Page Options > View.

But you can just do this. Select the image, open the Photo Tool > Enhance and click Scale 1:1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scale 1-1.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	98392  

Hello Gary,

Thanks, but this options I did already test all and not help. What I found out now is, that this effect only comes when pages size is pixel. For example I use New > 960 px XGA Website. It does not occur when using New > page Din A4 for example. The a dialog comes what ask me if I want import in full resolution or not and everything is ok. So it seems the difference between web and print template (page size).

"Old" Xtreme 5 Pro did not have this behavior I just tested.

But how can I make a workaround about this because I need my sreenshots in 96 dpi and not downscaled in dpi. If I use page size DIN A4 I do not have pixels as a unit, i only have cm or mm as unit. Even after changing to web site (when I change DIN A4 to 960 px website in page options / size). My sreenshots are then in cm not in pixel.

Any help?

TomTom

Hello, I just found a way which helps, did become an idea:

I make New > DIN a4 (print document) import my screen shot in full resolution (dialog comes and ask). THen make a new web document and copy it from print document to the web document. Then it has right size (original) and original resolution of 96 dpi. This "workaround" is my ony solution if you have no other ideas.

May bee it will help some one who has simillar problem.

TomTom